VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

4 posters

One piece front window glass systems ??

rustytoolss
    rustytoolss

Number of posts : 624
    Registration date : 2013-07-19

One piece front window glass systems ?? Empty One piece front window glass systems ??

Post by rustytoolss Mon Feb 16, 2015 12:45 pm

I write this because my A100 needs window track seals and vent widow rubber moldings. I've seen one piece window kits for Other old vehicles (not a100s) . I also saw the a100 on Overhaulin, where they did a one piece window system.
    Does anyone have any real information about how to do this on our A100's ?
    I mean it may be cheaper to do the one piece system, than to do all the standard reproduction parts. The vent widow rubbers are like over $200. and I hear that they do not fit well.
    Yes you would have to buy new door glass (have made). But I would think it could be cheaper in the long run.
    So if anyone has done this..or has any information about doing this, lets hear about it.
    dix
    dix
    Moderator 1st Class
    Moderator 1st Class

Number of posts : 8731
    Registration date : 2008-05-29

One piece front window glass systems ?? Empty Re: One piece front window glass systems ??

Post by dix Mon Feb 16, 2015 3:42 pm

Your best bet is to ask scottie. on his ss/v he did electric windows so i'm thinking he would have something going on in that mind of his

Number of posts : 565
    Registration date : 2012-04-24

One piece front window glass systems ?? Empty Re: One piece front window glass systems ??

Post by diamond dave Mon Feb 16, 2015 6:34 pm

ive done this to many street rods. it usually is easier to use a universal power window kit. i always used a kit from ez wire.
    rustytoolss
    rustytoolss

Post by rustytoolss Mon Feb 16, 2015 7:08 pm

diamond dave wrote:ive done this to many street rods. it usually is easier to use a universal power window kit. i always used a kit from ez wire.

Dude we may have to meet up and talk about this when the weather breaks. I'm just up the road from you in New Franklin    RT 21 an Grill rd.

Last edited by rustytoolss on Mon Feb 16, 2015 7:09 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : j)
    diamond dave
    diamond dave

Post by diamond dave Mon Feb 16, 2015 8:08 pm

no problem . i'm in an allotment off rt 93, just between comet and strausser.
    rustytoolss
    rustytoolss

Post by rustytoolss Tue Feb 17, 2015 10:11 am

diamond dave wrote:no problem . i'm in an allotment off rt 93, just between comet and strausser.

Down around Camelot area I'm guessing . I worked in Fulton about 30 years.
    docmcg
    docmcg

Number of posts : 205
    Registration date : 2014-09-08

Post by docmcg Tue Feb 17, 2015 4:50 pm

I too, am seriously interested in doing the same to my truck. As mentioned, the seals for the vent windows are expensive and don't necessarily fit that well. I really like the cleaner look of it too. If you guys get together and come up with some good info, please post for those of us that want to do the same thing. BTW thanks for bringing this subject up again.
    diamond dave
    diamond dave

Post by diamond dave Tue Feb 17, 2015 5:35 pm

rustytoolss wrote:
    diamond dave wrote:no problem . i'm in an allotment off rt 93, just between comet and strausser.

Down around Camelot area I'm guessing . I worked in Fulton about 30 years.

yep. actually on fairpark, just off of spring grove.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 11:29 pm