VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

4 posters

Front Door Window glass channels ?

rustytoolss
    rustytoolss

Number of posts : 624
    Registration date : 2013-07-19

Front Door Window glass channels ? Empty Front Door Window glass channels ?

Post by rustytoolss Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:57 pm

I'm going to the goodguys show in Columbus, ohio . Does anyone know the size of the widow channel pieces ?  H/W/ glass thickness?   This is for the front doors. The channel that the glass slides through. And maybe how much is needed to do both front windows ?

Last edited by rustytoolss on Fri Jul 11, 2014 7:19 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : info)
    rustytoolss
    rustytoolss

Front Door Window glass channels ? Empty Re: Front Door Window glass channels ?

Post by rustytoolss Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:18 am

Could use some help before Saturday. please
    dix
    dix
    Moderator 1st Class
    Moderator 1st Class

Number of posts : 8729
    Registration date : 2008-05-29

Post by dix Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:35 am

the front windshild is 1 piece molded rubber that only was made for these a100/108's
    they are avail on e-bay from $90. to about $140. but all made from the same company.
    rustytoolss
    rustytoolss

Post by rustytoolss Fri Jul 11, 2014 6:48 am

[quote="dix"]the front windshild is 1 piece molded rubber that only was made for these a100/108's
    they are avail on e-bay from $90. to about $140. but all made from the same company.[/

quote]

Thanks dix, but what I really need to know about is the glass channels for the front doors. The part that the door glass slides through.
    dix
    dix
    Moderator 1st Class
    Moderator 1st Class

Post by dix Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:07 pm

I do not know the leanth with out tearing down my door to measure them ,
    this is where i bought mine . great products,
    http://stores.restorationspecialties.com/1964-1970-dodge-a-100-van-truck-weatherstrip-kit/

Number of posts : 474
    Registration date : 2012-10-19

Front Door Window glass channels ? Empty Window Channel Rubbers

Post by gary h Tue Jul 15, 2014 12:11 pm

Restoration Specialties & Supply (Ph.814 467 9842) Has the channels for the front door window frame it is #AS1264 you need two pieces (they come pre cut 96")price about 20.00 each.

They have the Vertical Channel for the division bar (behind the vent post) #AS1314  you need one piece (comes pre cut @ 84" long) you cut in half. about 20 bucks!

I have bought other A-100 rubber items from them and have been happy. I called them a week ago and ordered the three Channels and picked them at Carlisle over the weekend and saved shipping.Although they were not set up @ Carlisle they brought my order to a vender they were helping,ask for Dave. I was also told they will be selling both styles of Vent Rubber at the end of the year. We shall see! Had a great time @ Carlisle saw several A's, An Explores and a big rig L-700? .We passed the big rig on I-81 and it was towing a "Mod Top" Barracuda, What a sight !!! Cool
    dix
    dix
    Moderator 1st Class
    Moderator 1st Class

Post by dix Tue Jul 15, 2014 7:19 pm

That mod top is worth some good money,

Number of posts : 32
    Registration date : 2014-03-10

Post by tdc Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:23 pm

If you're like me and a website is more useful than a phone number, Restoration Specialties & Supply's site is here - http://www.restorationspecialties.com/
    Thanks for the heads up Gary, I've been meaning to look into where to find these bits. Saved me some leg work.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:51 pm