VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

+5
Vantasia
Twinpilot001
econopoor
donivan65
T1Joe
9 posters

Bogging Issues

econopoor
    econopoor
    Econoline Guru

Number of posts : 1747
    Registration date : 2010-04-18

Bogging Issues - Page 2 Empty Re: Bogging Issues

Post by econopoor Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:34 am

Glad you have found the problem. Your gauge problem could be the ground on the tank. The tank grounds thru the straps. The sending unit grounds thru the locking ring. It any of those points are rusty and dirty you may not be making a good connection. Fords like good grounds. You can add a separate ground from the tank to the chassis. You can drill a hole outside of the ribbon weld on the tank and bolt a ringlet and ground wire between that and the frame. Should help.

Duane in Tennessee.
    T1Joe
    T1Joe

Number of posts : 23
    Registration date : 2013-11-18

Post by T1Joe Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:49 am

You guys are too much help. I can't thank you enough ! I will let you know Smile
    T1Joe
    T1Joe

Number of posts : 23
    Registration date : 2013-11-18

Post by T1Joe Tue Sep 30, 2014 8:43 pm

Pulled the tank today, and there was much corrosion and rust in the tank. The sending unit was covered as well. So, since I'm going to be using this as a primary driver, I'm going to just spring for a new tank. Quick question, I have read in several places that the 69 Mustang 20 gallon tank is an ideal fit with the right modifications, however, would the 65-68 Mustang 16 gallon tank fit as well with the same mods ? Just curious. If anyone has knowledge of this, please let me know. Thanks again !

Here is the link to the 16 gallon tank :

http://www.cjponyparts.com/fuel-tank-with-drain-plug-kit-1965-1968/p/FTK5/

econopoor
    econopoor
    Econoline Guru

Number of posts : 1747
    Registration date : 2010-04-18

Post by econopoor Wed Oct 01, 2014 6:22 am

It should. I've only done the 20 gal tank so I don't know for sure. Mustangs use a different sending unit than Econolines. The ohm range is different. I had to buy a Falcon sending unit for my tank. I think the tanks are the same between Mustangs and Falcons. Maybe someone sells a kit for Falcons that will work? I'm not sure. I picked a tank up at a swap meet and bought a Falcon sender off ebay.

Duane in Tennessee.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 6:06 pm