VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

2 posters

89 aerostar as a front end donner

89 aerostar as a front end donner Empty 89 aerostar as a front end donner

Post by Guest Sat Jun 07, 2014 8:09 am

I was looking at my 1989 aerostar with 43k original miles thinking that it may make a good donner for my 66 super. the vans seem very similar in design the way things are mounted to the bottom etc. i was mostly thinking about suspension and steering components, but the motor and trans seem compatible as well any thoughts on this? oh i havent taken any measurements yet it was just a thought
    Big W
    Big W

Number of posts : 3282
    Registration date : 2011-01-13

89 aerostar as a front end donner Empty Re: 89 aerostar as a front end donner

Post by Big W Sat Jun 07, 2014 11:11 am

I thought about using my 87 aerostar as well, a few years back and the only thing that comes to mind was the steering rack. If a different rack that aims forward could be made to fit, then I think this could work. Here's some pics of a set up used on a studebaker i found on the web.89 aerostar as a front end donner Aerole1089 aerostar as a front end donner Aerost1089 aerostar as a front end donner Aeroup10

Post by Guest Sat Jun 07, 2014 1:47 pm

Nice pics i think that the rack really is the hang up. rough measurements aerostar between the frame 31", out to out frame 37", brake shield to brake shield 59" econoline between the frame 33", outside to outside frame 38", brake shield (back side of drum) to brake shield 54 1/2"

Post by Guest Mon Jun 09, 2014 10:08 am

what rack are they using on MII setups guys are putting in their vans...why not incorporate one of them to the Aerostar setups?
    fmc56
    fmc56

Number of posts : 553
    Registration date : 2008-05-20

Post by fmc56 Mon Jun 09, 2014 1:08 pm

Most racks can be flipped to point forward, a friend did it with a Corvette rack in a Chevy.
    Fred

Post by Guest Mon Jun 09, 2014 5:36 pm

Fred thats good info,

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:34 am