VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

FRONT OF DRIVE SHAFT BOOT/ FRONT FLOOR MAT A108/318 auto

FRONT  OF DRIVE SHAFT BOOT/ FRONT FLOOR MAT A108/318 auto Empty FRONT OF DRIVE SHAFT BOOT/ FRONT FLOOR MAT A108/318 auto

Post by Guest Tue May 19, 2009 7:15 am

cruising has begun!!! it's A108 time!!

checking to see what you lads do for a replacement boot for the front drives shaft u-joint. Presently a tie wrapped tire tube cut piece is worn right out and I would like to get something alittle more original or at least proffesional!!.

Also looking for a custom front floor mat, sick of the handy dandy home cut one, any scources out there, so far all dead ends!!

affraid

FRONT  OF DRIVE SHAFT BOOT/ FRONT FLOOR MAT A108/318 auto Empty Re: FRONT OF DRIVE SHAFT BOOT/ FRONT FLOOR MAT A108/318 auto

Post by Guest Thu May 21, 2009 9:10 am

JC Whitney used to sell a repro. rubber floor mat, bu not any more. NOS or good used is probably your only option.

You may be able to use a CV "Speedi-Boot" on that ball and trunnion joint. Take some measurements and you may be able to match something up. Or swap over a front u-joint set up.

FRONT  OF DRIVE SHAFT BOOT/ FRONT FLOOR MAT A108/318 auto Empty Re: FRONT OF DRIVE SHAFT BOOT/ FRONT FLOOR MAT A108/318 auto

Post by Guest Thu May 21, 2009 2:52 pm

I used a modern CV joint boot with some plastic tie straps. Not sure which boot, but I recall it was a little too long I had to cut it down. But now I'm converting to a modern slip joint thing.....

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:53 pm