VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

+6
NoBiggie
pilotmtnraider
donivan65
EconoUSAparts
G-Man
Hangtime
10 posters

Rear Shackles for Front Leaf Springs

petesponies
    petesponies

Number of posts : 11
    Registration date : 2013-12-10

Rear Shackles for Front Leaf Springs - Page 2 Empty Re: Rear Shackles for Front Leaf Springs

Post by petesponies Thu Dec 12, 2013 3:16 pm

I will look later, thanks. I assume there are pics from the interior ?? cool
    mariovan
    mariovan

Number of posts : 33
    Registration date : 2015-02-11

Rear Shackles for Front Leaf Springs - Page 2 Empty Re: Rear Shackles for Front Leaf Springs

Post by mariovan Tue Apr 07, 2015 12:09 pm

Post revival.
    I know there are rubber kits for the bushings, an acquaintance tells me he can fab the shackle set, what do you guys think, if he has them done should I go for a shorter (to lower it a bit) length than the originals.
    This guy does work on rock crawlers and has good reputation for fabbing suspension parts
    Seth G
    Seth G
    Vintage-Vans Listings Manager
    Vintage-Vans Listings Manager

Number of posts : 2086
    Registration date : 2013-04-24

Post by Seth G Tue Apr 07, 2015 11:02 pm

I wouldn't change the shackle length from stock. It does more than lower or raise the vehicle, and the amount it does that will be very small, half the length of the change, i.e. 1" shorter gives you 1/2" lower. In the front it will alter the caster of the axle and in the rear it will change the pinion angle, among many other things.
    mariovan
    mariovan

Number of posts : 33
    Registration date : 2015-02-11

Post by mariovan Wed Apr 08, 2015 8:23 am

same thing he told me, I just wanted to ask the pro's
    he did say about working with the springs, dearching, or maybe new ones.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 7:52 pm