VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

3 posters

help with exhaust

gkpost
    gkpost

Number of posts : 224
    Registration date : 2010-10-16

help with exhaust Empty help with exhaust

Post by gkpost Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:45 am

I have a 67 with a 250. I have lowered the motor/trans for the 4bbl carb, also and here comes the problem. I'm using cast headers. The first header will go to the passenger side will be easy but the second header puts the pipe right into all the shift linkages. 
       I'm sure some of you have had this problem or know someone who has.  How do I best get around this, modify a linkage?  Prey to god ?  Buy a new van?  Any help would be appreciated.
     Thanks ~ GK.
    savage
    savage

Number of posts : 2626
    Registration date : 2008-05-15

help with exhaust Empty Re: help with exhaust

Post by savage Sun Jun 16, 2013 5:05 am

GK, You have a 3 speed or auto??  If auto I use a cabel to repace the shift rod. If its a 3 speed your probably going to have to bend the shift rod . Which rod is it hitting & how bad. Or is it hitting the levers on trans??  Hope we can find you the right fix
    gkpost
    gkpost

Number of posts : 224
    Registration date : 2010-10-16

Post by gkpost Sun Jun 16, 2013 2:02 pm

I haven't started with the pipe yet but the guy who will be putting the exhaust in looked at the van and didn't like what he saw .  Hes a friend of mine and has been doing exhausts for 25 years.
     I have a 3 speed and I'll get some pics up soon to show you whats up. It's the furthest back linkage that is in the way, I think its reverse. ~ GK.
    jrinaman
    jrinaman

Number of posts : 890
    Registration date : 2011-03-10

Post by jrinaman Sun Jun 16, 2013 4:04 pm

i have the langdon cast headers and had no issues with an automatic. my linkage runs along frame and has a peice connected from frame to tranny (bellcrank?) i would post a pic but pulled the tranny out last night. i am sure you could easily adapt it for 1 linkage rod and clear everything. could evan make one if you have a welder.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 1:20 am