VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

+9
vanny
hometeam
slowflapper
JariV
Henrik
millwright71
Big W
Dawgboy
Dodger 359
13 posters

whalemstr or Dan's FSR radiator replacement for 67 Dodge A-100

Dodger 359
    Dodger 359

Number of posts : 94
    Registration date : 2013-02-07

whalemstr or Dan's FSR radiator replacement for 67 Dodge A-100 Empty whalemstr or Dan's FSR radiator replacement for 67 Dodge A-100

Post by Dodger 359 Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:26 pm

First and foremost, I want to thank whalemstr or Dan for doing all the hard work of sending FSR the radiator dimensions. And now, I want to share my radiator replacement with the group. Called FSR radiator and spoke with Garry Bell and told him to send me Dan's radiator for a 1967 Dodge A-100. He knew exactly what I wanted. He said they were a little busy but would get on it soon and I would see it the end of next week. I emailed the next Monday and asked if they would send me an email when it shipped and got a quick response that the radiator should be delivered that day!!! I am extremely impressed with FSRs professionalism and it is rare for a company to exceed expectations now a days. The radiator is a thing of beauty and works wonderfully for these toasters on wheels. Just trimmed a bit from the tabs and fit like a glove. The only difference from mine as to whalemstr's photos is that they actually tipped up the discharge at the bottom to reproduce the factory angle. I was also shocked when they quoted the 2012 price of $425.00. I cannot say enough about FSR radiators. Highly recommend if you need a radiator.http://www.fsrproducts.com/

whalemstr or Dan's FSR radiator replacement for 67 Dodge A-100 Image12
    whalemstr or Dan's FSR radiator replacement for 67 Dodge A-100 Image_12
    whalemstr or Dan's FSR radiator replacement for 67 Dodge A-100 Image_13
    whalemstr or Dan's FSR radiator replacement for 67 Dodge A-100 Image_14
    whalemstr or Dan's FSR radiator replacement for 67 Dodge A-100 Image_15
    whalemstr or Dan's FSR radiator replacement for 67 Dodge A-100 Image_16
    whalemstr or Dan's FSR radiator replacement for 67 Dodge A-100 Image_17
    whalemstr or Dan's FSR radiator replacement for 67 Dodge A-100 Image_18
    whalemstr or Dan's FSR radiator replacement for 67 Dodge A-100 Image_19
    whalemstr or Dan's FSR radiator replacement for 67 Dodge A-100 Image_20
    whalemstr or Dan's FSR radiator replacement for 67 Dodge A-100 Image_21
    Dawgboy
    Dawgboy

Number of posts : 278
    Registration date : 2013-04-20

whalemstr or Dan's FSR radiator replacement for 67 Dodge A-100 Empty Re: whalemstr or Dan's FSR radiator replacement for 67 Dodge A-100

Post by Dawgboy Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:46 pm

Nice!
    Big W
    Big W

Number of posts : 3282
    Registration date : 2011-01-13

whalemstr or Dan's FSR radiator replacement for 67 Dodge A-100 Empty Re: whalemstr or Dan's FSR radiator replacement for 67 Dodge A-100

Post by Big W Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:08 pm

very nice. Fits like a glove, gotta like that. cheers
    millwright71
    millwright71

Number of posts : 531
    Registration date : 2012-05-28

Post by millwright71 Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:19 pm

Looks awesome! Good price too! I had my old one recored to a three row and it came in at $400 and some change.

Tom
    Henrik
    Henrik

Number of posts : 156
    Registration date : 2010-11-26

Post by Henrik Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:57 pm

If someone lives close to the FSR shop than he should take an old A100 rad to them and ask if they could make a custom fit version of the radiator,they probably wouldnt say no.

And when the word starts spreading over here and otherwise they would probably have some more work to do.
    at least i would order one immidiately.

asked for an custom fit made 3 row aluminium radiator over here in Finland and the price was 877 dollars...

so i took my leaking radiator to the repair shop to get it fixed.
    it shouldnt be too expensive, its not the core that leaks, it just has a crack under the upper waterhose and its sweating, but well see how it goes...
    JariV
    JariV

Number of posts : 117
    Registration date : 2013-04-25

Post by JariV Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:17 pm

I modified a horizontal aluminum radiator to be a vertical one. I also added all the dimensions so now it's the biggest possible and I have no cooling issues whatsoever.
    Dodger 359
    Dodger 359

Post by Dodger 359 Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:03 am

Henrik- Yeah Dan a.k.a whalemstr contacted FSR with the dimension from the factory radiator for them to create this custom radiator. The only thing you need to do is trim the ears at the top and drill 4 holes and it is basically a drop in install. Inlets and Outlets are right on. Before Dan contacted FSR, the only thing that was close was the tug radiator offered by FSR that wasn't a direct fit but still works with use of your old side brackets and different hoses. For those that do not have cooling issues, I am happy that it is not a problem for you. If you need a radiator for a A-100, this is the probably the cheapest and least modifications for a new part option. Recores are close to this price but you still are useing the old tanks. I have found NOS radiators on Ebay, but they go for around $700.00.
    Dodger 359
    Dodger 359

Post by Dodger 359 Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:29 am

Also, the FSR two core radiators cores are the width of the tanks. The passages are about 3 times as wide as the factory passages. This alone makes for a huge improvement over factory and I have read studies where 2 cores may outperform 3 and 4 cores. Food for thought.
    slowflapper
    slowflapper

Number of posts : 956
    Registration date : 2010-07-29

Post by slowflapper Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:45 am

I'm going to be adding one of these when I drop in my new motor. I'm in GA so heat is always an issue during the summer months.

I'm planning on adding a high flow water pump, stat and some other items as well.
    Dodger 359
    Dodger 359

Post by Dodger 359 Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:32 am

I know there is a lot of stuff out there but I read a write up about all kinds of cooling things people have tried and documented what worked and didn’t work. One thing was the high flow water pump. Too much flow could cause overheating. If the liquid does not spend adequate time in the radiator and does not cool down enough before it exits, you are on your way to a heat soaked system. I wish I have a link to the write up. It was very good. It talked about the low cfm fans that sound like they are working but really are just disturbing air flow and also how a 4 core radiator raised his engine temps higher than a 2 core. If someone knows the write up, please post the link.
    hometeam
    hometeam

Number of posts : 101
    Registration date : 2013-01-21

whalemstr or Dan's FSR radiator replacement for 67 Dodge A-100 Empty fsr radiator help from this site outstanding

Post by hometeam Tue May 07, 2013 8:31 pm

i used the tutorial posts and images to replace radiator on my 67 a108.
    FSR customer service OUTSTANDING!!!! Radiators OUTSTANDING!!!! price very fair and worth every penny.
    very few modifications easy to replace fits fantastic,looks great and cools fantastic.
    added electric fan - put on a timer switch from homedepot (idea from this site)" burger Fan"
    had van for 6 months and i am greatful to all who have helped me .
    vanny
    vanny

Number of posts : 14774
    Registration date : 2012-09-22

Post by vanny Wed May 08, 2013 5:17 am

I think this might be the thread you were referring to on cooling.

[url=Keeping a V-8 Conversion Cool]Keeping a V-8 Conversion Cool[/url]

http://public.fotki.com/Vintage-Vans/vintage-vans-es/ruff-diamond-1/?cmd=fs_slideshow
    Dodger 359
    Dodger 359

Post by Dodger 359 Wed May 08, 2013 2:58 pm

hometeam- I too am exceedingly happy with the radiator and happy I do not have to watch the temperature gauge.

Yes vanny, that is the exact write up. Thanks for posting a link to the thread. Alot of good information there.
    westcoastvanner
    westcoastvanner

Number of posts : 1686
    Registration date : 2008-10-04

Post by westcoastvanner Wed May 08, 2013 9:12 pm

Makes me want to get one, for my Sportsman!
    Dodger 359
    Dodger 359

Post by Dodger 359 Thu May 09, 2013 7:07 am

Westcoastvanner- You would not regret it.
    Henrik
    Henrik

Post by Henrik Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:45 am

Am i wrong or right,  doesn't the radiators have some small differences between the 6cyl and the V8? If i don't recall wrong, the lower hose would be pointing upwards, at least in the original one.
    I am about to contact fsr and ask of they still makes them but isnt this model for the slant 6?
    Or does it fit both 6 and 8 cyl engines?

Number of posts : 431
    Registration date : 2016-10-18

Post by 69 Thu Feb 16, 2017 12:25 pm

Another unrelated question, what was needed to be removed for removal of radiator and front doghouse? Engine wiring harness? Speedo cable? Do you have AT - shifter cable?
    Henrik
    Henrik

Post by Henrik Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:50 pm

To get the front piece off tou need to remove the side pieces of the doghouse and handbrake lever and radiator fan. If i remember right. Can't remember if the shroud was possible to be removed before the front piece is off. I do not have an extra at shifter cable
    Keith D
    Keith D

Number of posts : 405
    Registration date : 2016-11-25

Post by Keith D Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:30 am

Henrik wrote:Am i wrong or right,  doesn't the radiators have some small differences between the 6cyl and the V8? If i don't recall wrong, the lower hose would be pointing upwards, at least in the original one.
    I am about to contact fsr and ask of they still makes them but isnt this model for the slant 6?
    Or does it fit both 6 and 8 cyl engines?

I looked at my radiator that is for a 318 and the lower hose fitting is on the left side and the drain petcock is on the right which is opposite of the one pictured for the 6 cylinder. Also you are correct in that the lower hose fitting is angled upward.

If you contact FSR and get one for a V8 please post the part number as I also am interested.
    whalemstr
    whalemstr

Number of posts : 248
    Registration date : 2012-06-27

Post by whalemstr Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:12 am

Thanks guys!
    I love mine too!!!
    I still have to put a timer and a temperature relay on mine, but I am not an electrical guy at all! LOL
    I just remember to turn the electric fan on when I come to a stop or am puttering around.
    I mostly never worry about it getting too hot anymore!

I also took the factory fan out of mine - no need...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:33 am