VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

5 posters

Chevy 1st Gen - new radiator replacement

67supervan

Number of posts : 205
    Registration date : 2011-09-20

Chevy 1st Gen  - new radiator replacement Empty Chevy 1st Gen - new radiator replacement

Post by 67supervan Wed Mar 05, 2014 1:25 pm

Hello,
    I'm in the Denver area with a 66 CHEVY panel with a manual shift needing a new radiator.

After reading other posts about replacements, it appears there are no brand new direct replacements available. Recommended aluminum radiator part numbers found on this site are "Champion EC 6066" (http://www.championradiators.com/product/EC6066) and "CT5520a" (can't locate online). A copper radiator from a 67-68 Cougar was also mentioned.

Is there anyone near Denver with a first gen radiator for sale?

If you've replaced your chevy van's radiator with a new (all metal) radiator, I'd like to hear what you chose.

My van is at a shop and the mechanic said he'd find a replacement for it. He didn't ask for my help, but I feel I better offer it so I may get an optimal fit.

Thanks
    donivan65
    donivan65
    Governor
    Governor

Number of posts : 12218
    Registration date : 2008-05-12

Chevy 1st Gen  - new radiator replacement Empty Re: Chevy 1st Gen - new radiator replacement

Post by donivan65 Wed Mar 05, 2014 2:25 pm

The CT 5520a is just a 3 row core that you solder your upper and lower tanks from your old radiator onto,,,,a radiator shop should be able to find it,,,,,,those others are new radiators that you make fit,,,,,,the critical part is having the inlet and outlet on the correct side and for the correct hose sizes...( if you are talking about a SportVan,,,,,,for radiator purposes it aint no Chevy Van)
    67supervan

Number of posts : 205
    Registration date : 2011-09-20

Chevy 1st Gen  - new radiator replacement Empty Re: Chevy 1st Gen - new radiator replacement

Post by 67supervan Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:23 pm

Thanks for the clarification on that pn.
    vanner68
    vanner68

Number of posts : 655
    Registration date : 2008-09-22

Post by vanner68 Wed Mar 12, 2014 6:47 pm

Superior Radiator in Mt Clemens MI can duplicate any radiator in aluminum for $300 to $400.
    danmurphy68
    danmurphy68

Number of posts : 27
    Registration date : 2013-09-04

Post by danmurphy68 Sun Apr 13, 2014 4:10 am

i got a new one from apm direct replacement for $230.
    donivan65
    donivan65
    Governor
    Governor

Number of posts : 12218
    Registration date : 2008-05-12

Post by donivan65 Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:14 pm

Is it an Aluminum or Brass one,,,,what is the part#,,,,is it for a panel or SportVan,,,,,will it work for an Automatic Transmission,,,,,
    kookykrispy
    kookykrispy

Number of posts : 1533
    Registration date : 2009-05-22

Post by kookykrispy Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:01 am

danmurphy68 wrote:i got a new one from apm direct replacement for $230.

I'd like to see some more information, and a part number. How about pics of the direct replacement compared to stock?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Mar 18, 2024 7:46 pm