VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

5 posters

3 speed Manual trans shift linkage bushings ?

Wheelie
    Wheelie

Number of posts : 322
    Registration date : 2013-02-22

3 speed Manual trans shift linkage bushings ?  Empty 3 speed Manual trans shift linkage bushings ?

Post by Wheelie Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:32 am

I have tried to locate some linkage bushings fpr my 66. I need all of them for both linkages. Does anyone have a line on replacements? Thanks!!
    jkr
    jkr

Number of posts : 1148
    Registration date : 2008-05-29

3 speed Manual trans shift linkage bushings ?  Empty Re: 3 speed Manual trans shift linkage bushings ?

Post by jkr Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:45 pm

i know aftermarket door hinge pin bushings are really close in size and cheap too.
    Wheelie
    Wheelie

3 speed Manual trans shift linkage bushings ?  Empty Re: 3 speed Manual trans shift linkage bushings ?

Post by Wheelie Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:57 pm

Thx, I will look into those. that's all I found when I searched the forum also. I was hoping for factory replacements but Ill prob just make some if the hinge pin bushings don't work out.
    Dingeldeins
    Dingeldeins

Number of posts : 20
    Registration date : 2013-02-19

Post by Dingeldeins Sun Mar 10, 2013 2:07 pm

Didn´t You buy that blue A 100 on blocks?
    Dump question: What bushings do You mean? I took apart the complete shifter and the linkages! The only bushing I can remember was on the lower end of the Shift control.
    Can You post some pics?
    Wheelie
    Wheelie

Post by Wheelie Sun Mar 10, 2013 6:54 pm

Yes, I own the blue 66. I also have a build thread in the members forum as well. Back on topic, it is the bushings at the linkages at the transmission. There are 2.

Post by Guest Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:13 pm

Wheelie,I took one of the arms off and went to Lowes..you'll get bushings that are close enough,worked for me.
    Twinpilot001
    Twinpilot001

Number of posts : 6186
    Registration date : 2009-09-28

Post by Twinpilot001 Wed Jul 31, 2013 6:04 am

any bushings u need =can be bought at many wholesale bearing houses - not auto parts - theye called oylite bushings -come in many sises & u will need to take the thickness needed and the id(hole dia for rod) and the OD (where it fits into)
    slowflapper
    slowflapper

Number of posts : 956
    Registration date : 2010-07-29

Post by slowflapper Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:57 am

Twinpilot001 wrote:any bushings u need  =can be bought at many wholesale bearing houses - not auto parts - theye called oylite bushings -come in many sises & u will need to take the  thickness  needed and the id(hole dia for rod) and the OD (where it fits into)

great info, I was needing some of these myself

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:27 pm