VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

2 posters

horn repair

dodge man
    dodge man

Number of posts : 2036
    Registration date : 2012-08-08

horn repair Empty horn repair

Post by dodge man Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:35 am

i think i read something about how to fix the horn by soaking them in something and hitting it with a hammer ? all my horn does is try to blow any help ?
    blackace
    blackace

Number of posts : 450
    Registration date : 2010-09-16

horn repair Empty Re: horn repair

Post by blackace Fri Aug 31, 2012 1:04 pm

I had issues with my horns and did alot of work with them. I ended up using PB blaster sprayed into the tone ajustment hole and then putting the mounting bracket in a vise and hitting the horn with a rubber mallet, (not real nice hits) and then would test with a battery charger. Negative to mounting bracket and possitive to an electrical post. It took about of week of this before they broke lose and started to work. As I said, was not easy on the beating them around. Also use the mallet while it was charged with the battery charger, trying to get them to break loose. Good luck and let me know if you need anything else
    blackace
    blackace

Number of posts : 450
    Registration date : 2010-09-16

Post by blackace Fri Aug 31, 2012 1:09 pm

Here is the thread that I had for my horn sticking issues.
    https://vintage-vans.forumotion.com/t29913p15-horn-relay
    dodge man
    dodge man

Post by dodge man Fri Aug 31, 2012 4:39 pm

thanks so much i'll try that in the morning, i found a horn switch on ebay for 90.00, i have to have a horn to get it inspected,
    dodge man
    dodge man

Post by dodge man Sat Sep 01, 2012 12:25 pm

well after spraying pb blaster in the side hole and beating them to pieces, lol i gave up and bought a couple horns on ebay, ordered up new schakles and bushings for the front springs, bought new seat belts, now i can get it inspected so i can get the title and plates, i cant beleave the guy i bought it from never put seat belts in it, why would you ever take them out

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 7:39 pm