VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

5 posters

Horn Relay

Digz
    Digz

Number of posts : 3794
    Registration date : 2008-05-17

Horn Relay - Page 2 Empty Re: Horn Relay

Post by Digz Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:53 pm

Yep I knew the one was the ballast, the other just looked to cheezy for a starter sol. then i remembered how it grounded. I took a bunch of pics when I dismantled the 66 just for reference stuff. of course I didnt label them ,,lol
    RodStRace
    RodStRace

Number of posts : 3046
    Registration date : 2010-01-21

Post by RodStRace Fri Aug 03, 2012 2:14 pm

Well, they aren't the big honkin' solenoid that Ford uses (and most racers do too), but it's better than the Chevy on the starter deal.
    They also fail only rarely. I can't think of more than one or two I ever had to replace, compared to 30 or so Fords, and Chevy starters? Don't even go there! Embarassed
    Mopars do have the ballast and the EI boxes that do go out.
    Ford's first EI boxes were embarrasing until the aftermarket figured out how to build them. The TFI was another mess, and GM 2.8 V6 EI dist. had issues. No one is perfect.
    blackace
    blackace

Number of posts : 450
    Registration date : 2010-09-16

Post by blackace Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:50 am

UPDATE:: cheers After more PB Blaster, and a bigger rubber mallet, was able to get a set of horns working. Got them tuned up and mounted on the truck. What a sound Very Happy heck I was honking it all the way home from work. Is the loudest set of horns on any of the 7 vehicles in the stable. Very Happy thanks everyone for all the help, and Rod you were correct, in that the horn relay needed to be mounted to ground out the system. Nothing like that sound of the old hi/low tone horns
    RodStRace
    RodStRace

Number of posts : 3046
    Registration date : 2010-01-21

Post by RodStRace Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:41 am

Yahoo! Like a Star @ heaven Give that man a Star!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 10:07 am