VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

+4
wacko
hywaychild
Digz
DanTheVanMan
8 posters

NEW YEARS RESOLUTIONS.... (What will you do this coming year?)

DanTheVanMan
    DanTheVanMan
    Commissioner
    Commissioner

Number of posts : 7900
    Registration date : 2008-10-08

NEW YEARS RESOLUTIONS.... (What will you do this coming year?) Empty NEW YEARS RESOLUTIONS.... (What will you do this coming year?)

Post by DanTheVanMan Sat Dec 27, 2008 12:36 pm

I have many things I need to do in 2009. 2008 was a crazy year form retiring from the military after 25 years to finally getting my First Gen I have wanted since I was just a very young kid, new relationship (with kids. their awesome).
    In 2009 I do have some major things to accomplish to include: Finishing the 1966 G10 to moving back to Upper Michigan (Marquette) and finding a house and job there. The moving of vehicles itself will be a logistical nightmare (1999 Cadillac Eldorado, 1984 Jeep CJ7, 1966 Chevy G10, 1999 Stratos 19' Bass boat, 2 motorcycles, 2 16' Kayaks and a 12' Utility trailer) and most of the automotive stuff the movers will not take. It’s a 1200 mile move from here in Stockbridge, Ga. to Marquette, Mi. and the thought of it makes my head hurt but will have to be done.

But I’m not going to create a monster list, just keep it realistic and simple. The move, house, job and the van. I think if I can do just these four things I will be happy. Anything extra will be a blessing. The move being the biggest issue.

2004 Kawasaki KLR650
    1997 Jeep TJ Sport

My Mini Gallery

NEW YEARS RESOLUTIONS.... (What will you do this coming year?) Qr_cod10

<-<-<- Cruising is not a "Point A to Point B" thing, but an "Everything in between thing!  <-<-<-
    Digz
    Digz

Number of posts : 3794
    Registration date : 2008-05-17

NEW YEARS RESOLUTIONS.... (What will you do this coming year?) Empty Re: NEW YEARS RESOLUTIONS.... (What will you do this coming year?)

Post by Digz Sat Dec 27, 2008 1:47 pm

Well Dan if that boat gets to be too much of a load for ya, you can drop it off here on yer way thru !
    DanTheVanMan
    DanTheVanMan
    Commissioner
    Commissioner

NEW YEARS RESOLUTIONS.... (What will you do this coming year?) Empty Re: NEW YEARS RESOLUTIONS.... (What will you do this coming year?)

Post by DanTheVanMan Sat Dec 27, 2008 2:09 pm

Thanks Digz. Always good to know there is folks out there willing to go out of there way to help...lol tongue

2004 Kawasaki KLR650
    1997 Jeep TJ Sport

My Mini Gallery

<-<-<- Cruising is not a "Point A to Point B" thing, but an "Everything in between thing!  <-<-<-

NEW YEARS RESOLUTIONS.... (What will you do this coming year?) Empty Heck

Post by Guest Sat Dec 27, 2008 2:42 pm

I'll take the 66 van off your hands i'm right here in louisiana. You know that van is just going to rust in that michagan weather.

NEW YEARS RESOLUTIONS.... (What will you do this coming year?) Empty New Years Resolution

Post by Guest Sat Dec 27, 2008 4:35 pm

Get the 69 Dodge a100 done completely by the Syracuse Nationals. After getting it to the body shop I can start my 67 G10. Other than that...Resolutions to Quite smokeing and quite job to finish school.... Now back to work... Cool
    hywaychild
    hywaychild

Number of posts : 389
    Registration date : 2008-05-27

Post by hywaychild Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:18 am

dan it sounds like you woud be better off to hire a car hauler you might get a better deal since it's allmost a full load one pickup one drop but the boats on the trailer and conect the trailer to the jeep so the driver don't have to touch a thing makes it cheeper that way load the stuff in your car and van then you can but whats left of you things in a rider truck and drive it your self
    oh ps i have a really nice place for the caddy . is it black i really want a black one !!!
    wacko
    wacko

Number of posts : 423
    Registration date : 2008-05-20

Post by wacko Tue Dec 30, 2008 9:04 am

My plans for this year are to:

finish my frame repair
    repair the bottoms of a couple of my doors
    finish a rust repair to my doghouse
    Put on new shocks
    replace kingpins
    do the brakes
    paint the dash
    and maybe put a coat of primer on the van itself to get it back to all one colour.

And of course I am sure I will find more projects in the process, finish one find two more.
    G-Man
    G-Man
    Mayor
    Mayor

Number of posts : 30743
    Registration date : 2008-05-06

Post by G-Man Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:29 pm

My goals for 2009 are.....
    prime & paint the undercarrage
    get the V8 in the 64
    make a custom doghouse
    paint the interior of the 64
    maybe start the outer body work
    (I think I ran out of money three lines ago Rolling Eyes )
    DanTheVanMan
    DanTheVanMan
    Commissioner
    Commissioner

Post by DanTheVanMan Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:51 pm

[quote="hywaychild"]dan it sounds like you woud be better off to hire a car hauler quote]

Thought about it alot, but to scared to get a quote just yet. The thought of the $$$$ hurts just thinking about it. Oh, The Eldorado is Silver, sorry...... lol

2004 Kawasaki KLR650
    1997 Jeep TJ Sport

My Mini Gallery

hywaychild
    hywaychild

Post by hywaychild Tue Dec 30, 2008 5:55 pm

Did'nt i say silver was my second choice ,,,,
    But i really would like a black one with burgandy inter .
    my plan for 2009
    Is to have my 64 running my sometime in may and have my one ton together and painted by summer and then have the new chassie (FRAME) built by this time next year,,,
    but i am on a five year plan for the 68 so having the frame built by next winter may be pushing it a bit
    DanTheVanMan
    DanTheVanMan
    Commissioner
    Commissioner

Post by DanTheVanMan Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:05 pm

OK, Here's the damage......
    No auto mover will move the boat. So, For the Cadillac, Van, and Jeep we would be looking at prices between $3299 and $5400. These are quotes from 13 different movers. From Atlanta, Ga. to Marquette, Mi. (1245 mi.). Oh, yeah.... Ins. is extra!!!! The motorcycle was a whole nother issue.... pale

2004 Kawasaki KLR650
    1997 Jeep TJ Sport

My Mini Gallery

wideload
    wideload
    Moderator 1st Class
    Moderator 1st Class

Number of posts : 1388
    Registration date : 2008-05-11

Post by wideload Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:23 pm

Dan all you need is a trailer hitch on all three vehicles and one tow-bar. Put the motorcycles and kayaks on the trailer and hook it up to the van. Put the tow-bar on the front of the van and pull it all with the Caddy. Pull the boat with the Jeep. Let me know when your coming through Ky. so I can come and watch. Very Happy

RipVanArkie
    RipVanArkie

Number of posts : 987
    Registration date : 2008-05-13

Post by RipVanArkie Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:31 pm

When we moved to AR form CA we made 3 trips with the big Uhaul. Each one had a vehicle inside (don't tell Uhaul) and one on a trailer behind it. We had a chase car each time. Hopefully fuel prices will not jump again January 21!

BTW: You can drop the kayaks off here on your way!

Later,
    Rip
    DanTheVanMan
    DanTheVanMan
    Commissioner
    Commissioner

NEW YEARS RESOLUTIONS.... (What will you do this coming year?) Empty Pull the Van with the Caddy?

Post by DanTheVanMan Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:42 pm

wideload wrote:Dan all you need is a trailer hitch on all three vehicles and one tow-bar. Put the motorcycles and kayaks on the trailer and hook it up to the van. Put the tow-bar on the front of the van and pull it all with the Caddy. Pull the boat with the Jeep. Let me know when your coming through Ky. so I can come and watch. Very Happy

OOOOOOH...Mike... You a funnnnnny man!!!! Pull the Van with the Caddy? Hell I'd have to get someone else to drive it just so I could watch!!!

Last edited by DanTheVanMan on Tue Dec 30, 2008 9:43 pm; edited 1 time in total

2004 Kawasaki KLR650
    1997 Jeep TJ Sport

My Mini Gallery

DanTheVanMan
    DanTheVanMan
    Commissioner
    Commissioner

Post by DanTheVanMan Tue Dec 30, 2008 9:36 pm

Rip, I'm with ya on your way of thinking. When I moved to Atlanta from Colorado a few years back I rented a 26' Penske and put two Harley's and the 4x6 Util trailer with the kayaks on top in the back and pulled the Jeep.

Tomorrow I will measure a few things. I think if I can get the Util trailer with bike on it in the truck and drop the tounge, I can just get the jeep in too. Not sure but if it will fit then I can tow the bass boat. Once I get to Michigan I can off load everything and return the rental truck, ride the bike back to Georgia.
    Next: Load the bike into the back of the Van. Rent another truck. Put the van in it with all the automotive related stuff from the garage to include 2 extra engines. And all the guns and other stuff the movers won't pack and take. And tow the caddy.
    Two one-way truck rentals and a tow trailer for half the price that those companies want to charge for just moving the Jeep and Van.....

2004 Kawasaki KLR650
    1997 Jeep TJ Sport

My Mini Gallery

texasjohn
    texasjohn

Number of posts : 672
    Registration date : 2008-06-01

Post by texasjohn Tue Dec 30, 2008 11:15 pm

i hope too...
    finish the 74 van (which i drove today, but having batt issues)
    finish or at least drive, the 64 custom van
    start on my 67 el camino
    finish all my bike projects
    remodel my bathroom
    concrete my driveway
    buy another bike
    RipVanArkie
    RipVanArkie

Number of posts : 987
    Registration date : 2008-05-13

Post by RipVanArkie Wed Dec 31, 2008 6:00 am

Finish Williams 4x4 Econoline and get my 67Econo roadworthy before Labor Day. I would love to complete the paint and interior on my 64 Chevy and the same for my 69 MGBGT. Need to replace the floor in my 63 Dodge Motor Home before next winter so I can start putting it back together inside.

Later,
    Rip
    hywaychild
    hywaychild

Post by hywaychild Wed Dec 31, 2008 8:01 am

hey dan if you need help driving something i drove truck for the last 20 years you cover costs i have the time

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:14 am