VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

+10
econopoor
RodStRace
Twinpilot001
66ThunderVan
EconoUSAparts
wylee
cl350rr
G-Man
DanTheVanMan
bugman
14 posters

New to the van world and this is what I am starting with

EconoUSAparts
    EconoUSAparts

Number of posts : 2198
    Registration date : 2008-05-17

New to the van world and this is what I am starting with  - Page 2 Empty Re: New to the van world and this is what I am starting with

Post by EconoUSAparts Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:54 pm

When I say panel,I mean a true panel van which has no side doors on either side.
    66ThunderVan
    66ThunderVan

Number of posts : 384
    Registration date : 2012-01-08

New to the van world and this is what I am starting with  - Page 2 Empty Re: New to the van world and this is what I am starting with

Post by 66ThunderVan Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:59 pm

I thought the phone company ordered lots of display vans. I used to drive one in the 70's.
    EconoUSAparts
    EconoUSAparts

Post by EconoUSAparts Tue Jan 10, 2012 8:10 pm

66ThunderVan wrote:I thought the phone company ordered lots of display vans. I used to drive one in the 70's.

They did but nowhere near as many as the amount of window vans that were produced, both Falcon and Econoline.
    RodStRace
    RodStRace

Number of posts : 3046
    Registration date : 2010-01-21

Post by RodStRace Tue Jan 10, 2012 8:16 pm

In my experience, the windows were most common, followed by the displays, then the no window (what I call a panel). The no side doors and the 8 doors being even fewer.
    The displays were worn out and not as popular with the vanners in the 70s, so a lot died. The panels were more coveted and survived better, percentage-wise.

sasktrini
    sasktrini

Number of posts : 2067
    Registration date : 2008-05-20

Post by sasktrini Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:23 pm

Welcome... would be silly for me to repeat what the others have said, but I enthusiastically agree!!!
    toad
    toad

Number of posts : 355
    Registration date : 2010-05-30

Post by toad Wed Jan 11, 2012 5:05 am

Hey Tim, still have your panel super?
    EconoUSAparts
    EconoUSAparts

Post by EconoUSAparts Wed Jan 11, 2012 5:52 am

toad wrote:Hey Tim, still have your panel super?

Yes I do. Im still collecting repair panels for it. I have most of them but still need a couple. Some day..................
    econopoor
    econopoor
    Econoline Guru

Number of posts : 1747
    Registration date : 2010-04-18

Post by econopoor Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:11 pm

Mine didn't make it.

New to the van world and this is what I am starting with  - Page 2 Mytrucks112-vi

New to the van world and this is what I am starting with  - Page 2 DSC00064-vi

Duane in Tennessee
    austinmodhouse
    austinmodhouse

Number of posts : 575
    Registration date : 2010-07-30

Post by austinmodhouse Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:24 pm

she done rolled over and died…
    EconoUSAparts
    EconoUSAparts

Post by EconoUSAparts Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:36 pm

Yer killin me Duane. I coulda used that passenger side panel.
    Magic Bus
    Magic Bus

Number of posts : 1422
    Registration date : 2009-12-02

Post by Magic Bus Wed Jan 11, 2012 5:09 pm

Nice Looking Display and Welcome! cheers
    econopoor
    econopoor
    Econoline Guru

Post by econopoor Wed Jan 11, 2012 7:50 pm

I started to save it but it had some rust around the wheelwell. That could have been fixed but the window killed it for me. I did save the drivers side. I offered the van for sale on Oldeconolines years ago but got no interest at all on it. The parts went to others though. Mississippi has some, Eric B, Steve (rip van arkie)Three van man, Me, What was it? One of 257 built?? Something like that.

New to the van world and this is what I am starting with  - Page 2 DSC00066-vi

BTW, This is the truck that started my "Supers make great parts donors" quote. I'm not a big fan of Supers and that's what really killed this one. Now. This thread is getting a little highjacked. Back to this fantastic display. Did I mention, I love displays. Cool!!

Duane in Tennessee.
    66ThunderVan
    66ThunderVan

Post by 66ThunderVan Sat Jan 14, 2012 10:00 am

Hey Duane, compared to what I've been working with, that van was a beauty!!
    econopoor
    econopoor
    Econoline Guru

Post by econopoor Sat Jan 14, 2012 3:31 pm

We'll I'll probably have to pay for my sins someday. I've seen worse than this saved. I see that you like supers but no so much me. Just don't like that big butt look. I hated the fact it was a no door. It was a real pain to load and unload. ( I like eight doors for this reason.) The window in the side was bad and I never had a title for it. It was pretty rusty too. Roof was butchered up bad too. Oh Well. It gave it's life to save others.

Duane in Tennessee.
    66ThunderVan
    66ThunderVan

Post by 66ThunderVan Sat Jan 14, 2012 4:45 pm

Hey as long as it was an organ donor it will live on. Funny you should mention an 8 door. I'm picking one up tomorrow, big butt and all!
    BTW, a couple of my old vannin buddies live up in Altimont and when I went to visit I spotted a lot of E100's up there!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 5:27 pm