VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

+2
veefre
delux68
6 posters

"dad's 67" running really rough after huge backfire

delux68

Number of posts : 23
    Registration date : 2010-10-18

"dad's 67" running really rough after huge backfire - Page 2 Empty Re: "dad's 67" running really rough after huge backfire

Post by delux68 Wed Nov 30, 2011 4:32 am

DanTheVanMan wrote:
    delux68 wrote:is one better than another?
    thanks

They all work pretty good if their rebuilt & adjusted correctly. I've been using the Rochester "B" for years on the L6's with great success.

Dan

gotcha. i have a friend in Fernandina Beach, he drives a very low green Beetle among other vw's
    Twinpilot001
    Twinpilot001

Number of posts : 6186
    Registration date : 2009-09-28

"dad's 67" running really rough after huge backfire - Page 2 Empty Re: "dad's 67" running really rough after huge backfire

Post by Twinpilot001 Wed Nov 30, 2011 7:21 am

on the right track with the knowledge & thinking on repairs - the lack of accl pump working will create a lean condition = (lack of fuel) gets a nice backfire.You are doing good as any of us - just get that knowledge & experience like we all have had to do .
    DanTheVanMan
    DanTheVanMan
    Commissioner
    Commissioner

Number of posts : 7900
    Registration date : 2008-10-08

Post by DanTheVanMan Wed Nov 30, 2011 5:28 pm

delux68 wrote:gotcha. i have a friend in Fernandina Beach, he drives a very low green Beetle among other vw's

Yep, Think I've seen that bug a few times....

2004 Kawasaki KLR650
    1997 Jeep TJ Sport

My Mini Gallery

"dad's 67" running really rough after huge backfire - Page 2 Qr_cod10

<-<-<- Cruising is not a "Point A to Point B" thing, but an "Everything in between thing!  <-<-<-
    delux68

Number of posts : 23
    Registration date : 2010-10-18

Post by delux68 Thu Dec 01, 2011 10:49 pm

today dad decided to check the points. i'm surprised it ran at all, one side is almost completely gone. now the points are in and its running much better, but now we still have to take care of the Fuel leak/carb tuning and the do the timing since i moved it.
    thanks again for all the helpful tips.

On another note, should we be using a lead additive in the fuel?

"dad's 67" running really rough after huge backfire - Page 2 PA050093

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 12:38 pm