VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

4 posters

new guy with a front suspension question

new guy with a front suspension question Empty new guy with a front suspension question

Post by Guest Sun Jul 17, 2011 5:28 am

Hi, I am new to this site, I have a 1965 Sportvan Deluxe. I bought the van as something our whole family can work on and have fun with. The van has a 250 with TH350 trans. Up till now the van has been very driveable but I am needing to replace leaf spring bushings on the front end. There have been several posts about this but I am having trouble finding the parts. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
    Digz
    Digz

Number of posts : 3794
    Registration date : 2008-05-17

new guy with a front suspension question Empty Re: new guy with a front suspension question

Post by Digz Sun Jul 17, 2011 5:50 am

I'm sure others have places to suggest, but this is my source for most spring related stuff. State Spring Grand Rapids MI 1-800-727-8729 M-F
    oo3

Number of posts : 290
    Registration date : 2008-06-01

new guy with a front suspension question Empty Re: new guy with a front suspension question

Post by oo3 Sun Jul 17, 2011 11:01 am

http://www.springsnthings.com/
    some have reported buying things at espo springs and things - oo3
    G-Man
    G-Man
    Mayor
    Mayor

Number of posts : 30743
    Registration date : 2008-05-06

Post by G-Man Sun Jul 17, 2011 12:02 pm

Really any local spring shop should be able to help you, most can make the bushing
    donivan65
    donivan65
    Governor
    Governor

Number of posts : 12220
    Registration date : 2008-05-12

Post by donivan65 Sun Jul 17, 2011 12:24 pm

Some of those 1st Gens have a bigger front spring bushing cartridge on the passenger side to compensate for the engine being closer to the right side,,,,,,,

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:46 am