VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

4 posters

A108 gauge voltage regulator

Dragsterbus
    Dragsterbus

Number of posts : 38
    Registration date : 2011-01-21

A108 gauge voltage regulator Empty A108 gauge voltage regulator

Post by Dragsterbus Fri May 06, 2011 3:38 pm

Hi everyone, Just getting my A108 ready for the road , passed it's MOT and it's registration number arrived today (got '108 in the number too !) BUT my fuel gauge and temp gauge have both gone off the top (Full and HOT !) they were both working fine (new sender unit etc) A friend of mine says there is a voltage regulator for the gauges that takes it down to around 5 volts , my problem is i can't find the pesky thing ! it's not behind the guage cluster, Anyone know where it lives ?
    Thanks for any help
    Wayne
    dodge A-108
    dodge A-108

Number of posts : 67
    Registration date : 2014-11-22

A108 gauge voltage regulator Empty Re: A108 gauge voltage regulator

Post by dodge A-108 Tue Nov 25, 2014 7:24 pm

Dragsterbus wrote:Hi everyone, Just getting my A108 ready for the road , passed it's MOT and it's registration number arrived today (got '108 in the number too !)   BUT my fuel gauge and temp gauge have both gone off the top (Full and HOT !) they were both working fine (new sender unit etc)  A friend of mine says there is a voltage regulator for the gauges that takes it down to around 5 volts , my problem is i can't find the pesky thing ! it's not behind the guage cluster,   Anyone know where it lives ?
    Thanks for any help
    Wayne
    after 20+ years of just guessing "whats my engine temp?" and the "wonder if I have enough gas" I have converted to autometer instruments. NO MORE GUESSING!!! for those wondering .fuel gauge # 2515. no more voltage limiter. no more silly bull shi%. it is made for our dodges. it just plain works. along with a mechanical temp gauge fu^% a bunch of guessin! I made a custom instrument panel for my A-108 van. using a round speedo from a 1971 D-200 with the HD gauge package. and all instruments from "auto meter" PERFECTO!!!!
    westcoastvanner
    westcoastvanner

Number of posts : 1686
    Registration date : 2008-10-04

Post by westcoastvanner Tue Nov 25, 2014 10:13 pm

CAN YOU POST PHOTOS?
    donivan65
    donivan65
    Governor
    Governor

Number of posts : 12220
    Registration date : 2008-05-12

Post by donivan65 Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:08 pm

Dragsterbus wrote:Hi everyone, Just getting my A108 ready for the road , passed it's MOT and it's registration number arrived today (got '108 in the number too !)   BUT my fuel gauge and temp gauge have both gone off the top (Full and HOT !) they were both working fine (new sender unit etc)  A friend of mine says there is a voltage regulator for the gauges that takes it down to around 5 volts , my problem is i can't find the pesky thing ! it's not behind the guage cluster,   Anyone know where it lives ?
    Thanks for any help
    Wayne

I  think it is part of the fuel gauge and it then sends 5 volts out through  the A terminal to feed the Temperature gauge,,,,,,,,
    dodge A-108
    dodge A-108

Number of posts : 67
    Registration date : 2014-11-22

A108 gauge voltage regulator Empty dead gauges

Post by dodge A-108 Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:51 am

Thanks for any help
    Wayne
    on my 68 dodge A-108. I got tired of all this gauge BS. im building a new instrument cluster.using auto meter gauges. fuel gauge for a dodge part number 2515. it works WITHOUT the volt limiter!! and im going with a mechanical temp gauge.also converting to a volt gauge and throwing that amp meter as far as I can.using a round speedo from a 1970 dodge D-200.electric tach too.ill help you out if you need it. PM me!
    donivan65
    donivan65
    Governor
    Governor

Number of posts : 12220
    Registration date : 2008-05-12

Post by donivan65 Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:54 am

What,,,,,,,,throw away  the ammeter ????  I thought it  was part of the heating system, since those wires throw off a lot of heat, but you are right about upgrading the systems,,,,,,,,50 year old equipment that never was really good to begin with has to go!

A108 gauge voltage regulator Dscn5719

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:03 pm