VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

3 posters

help with headers

gkpost
    gkpost

Number of posts : 224
    Registration date : 2010-10-16

help with headers Empty help with headers

Post by gkpost Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:09 am

I'm looking for headers for my 67 g-10 250 ci . I just looked at an old post that said something about a heated intake and splitting the old ex manifold.
    I don't understand heated intake? Is this BS ? I could some answers. Thanks for any help. ~ Gary.
    whopman
    whopman

Number of posts : 387
    Registration date : 2010-04-01

help with headers Empty Re: help with headers

Post by whopman Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:54 am

the original intake gets heat from the exhaust manifold to help atomized the fuel. When you install headers you will lose the heat riser that is part of the exahust manifold. If you are in the south it might not present a problem during the warmer months. If you do go wtih a set of headers you will need to get an intake manifold that is water heated. offenhasuer makes one that you can adapt your original carb or a 2 barrel. check out clifford performance and tom langdons stove bolt site for more info.
    jrinaman
    jrinaman

Number of posts : 890
    Registration date : 2011-03-10

Post by jrinaman Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:03 pm

just go mine today and it came with a block off plate for intake. but no instructions? langdons sells heat plate for 30.00. read somewhere about making one out of copper tubing and coiled up. think i am going to just put fittings on my plate to heat with water. if you didnt order yet, i am installing mine next week, they was only 136.00. from summit. will post results.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 7:34 am