VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

2 posters

I'm looking for advise on tire selection

Richie Rich

Number of posts : 45
    Registration date : 2010-11-26

I'm looking for advise on tire selection Empty I'm looking for advise on tire selection

Post by Richie Rich Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:58 am

I have a 65 G10. It is all stock and I plan to use it as a daily driver. I am a carpenter in the Chicagoland area. There is both highway and city driving in all types of weather. So with the original type of steering, brakes and suspension, what kind of tires would be the safest?
    DanTheVanMan
    DanTheVanMan
    Commissioner
    Commissioner

Number of posts : 7900
    Registration date : 2008-10-08

I'm looking for advise on tire selection Empty Re: I'm looking for advise on tire selection

Post by DanTheVanMan Fri Jan 28, 2011 7:27 am

Rich. I grew up in Michigan and learned very early in life that looking cool and being safe are two different animals. In summer you can wear just about anything but in the winter months (Oct/Nov- Apr/May) I would find some "Good" mud/snow tires for your stock wheels. Since this is a daily driver it will safer and save wear and tear on your "Summer" wheels since the road sand/salt is killer on Aluminum and Chrome. But no matter what you decide, I highly recommend the dual brake master cyl. conversion if you have not already done it.

Dan

2004 Kawasaki KLR650
    1997 Jeep TJ Sport

My Mini Gallery

I'm looking for advise on tire selection Qr_cod10

<-<-<- Cruising is not a "Point A to Point B" thing, but an "Everything in between thing!  <-<-<-

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:23 pm