VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

2 posters

air and heat ?

damma57
    damma57

Number of posts : 38
    Registration date : 2010-05-12

air and heat ? Empty air and heat ?

Post by damma57 Fri May 14, 2010 4:57 am

Anybody do one the after market units vintage air or others . they all seam perry much the same. Fit and function are main concerns.
    kiwimopar
    kiwimopar

Number of posts : 744
    Registration date : 2010-01-23

air and heat ? Empty Re: air and heat ?

Post by kiwimopar Fri May 14, 2010 2:09 pm

Hey there Very Happy I am fitting a Vintage-Air unit right now in my A100 pickup. Have the compressor and wiring done. Fitting the under dash unit this week. LMK if you want pics at all - or check my Gallery - there are a couple of engine shots there. Dash switch is mounted, and I will use the under dash louvres, plus the new defrost outlets, once I modify a plate to fit them under the slots in the dash top. ....lots of words Smile

Post by Guest Sat May 22, 2010 10:54 am

I WOULS LOVE TO SEE THE PICS..... Thinking of doing vintage Ac IN MY eCONOLINE VAN...

Post by Guest Mon May 16, 2011 12:35 pm

I would love to see the pics too. I'm looking at the Gen IV Magnum and researching brackets etc. to make it work with my LS1. They make a nice frontrunner drive system but it's prettty pricey.

Would like to see what people are doing with the controls and the vents etc.
    Thanks,
    Scott
    kiwimopar
    kiwimopar

Number of posts : 744
    Registration date : 2010-01-23

Post by kiwimopar Mon May 16, 2011 10:17 pm

Holy cow, its been a whole year since I wrote that Shocked

Getting some pics up in the next few days. I never got around to finishing, but I have all the parts. I went away from the Vintage Air condenser due to over-heating issues....and I think that's why I slowed up on the idea. Taking a different tack now, I have sourced a used Toyota Hiace van condenser set, and will fit that instead. The Toyota unit sits horizontally under the floor pan, and has its own electric fan with t/stat. As opposed to the Vintage unit which mounts in front of the radiator, effectively causing an increase in temp of at least 20 deg. - Even highway cruising was difficult - engine over-heated.

Back soon with pics guys Very Happy

Last edited by kiwimopar on Mon May 16, 2011 10:19 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : speeling errARS ....LOL)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 5:13 pm