VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

+2
Twinpilot001
Admin
6 posters

Some like it hot! (some don't) What are you doing to "beat the heat"?

Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Number of posts : 1731
    Registration date : 2008-05-01

Some like it hot!  (some don't) What are you doing to "beat the heat"? Empty Some like it hot! (some don't) What are you doing to "beat the heat"?

Post by Admin Fri Sep 12, 2014 1:09 pm

a HEAT ADVISORY/WARNING has been issued for So Cal (maybe other places) for the next few days...

is it HOT where you are? if so, what do you do to stay Cool  cool?

in a few months we'll be asking what you do to keep warm lol!
    Twinpilot001
    Twinpilot001

Number of posts : 6186
    Registration date : 2009-09-28

Some like it hot!  (some don't) What are you doing to "beat the heat"? Empty Re: Some like it hot! (some don't) What are you doing to "beat the heat"?

Post by Twinpilot001 Fri Sep 12, 2014 1:31 pm

Here in Spokane,Wa.. !!  its almost near freezing in am. yet warming too -WOW!! low 80's all next week -our INDIAN SUMMER TIME!!( 2 ?? weeks max!!) affraid
    mattimuss
    mattimuss

Number of posts : 205
    Registration date : 2009-05-04

Some like it hot!  (some don't) What are you doing to "beat the heat"? Empty Re: Some like it hot! (some don't) What are you doing to "beat the heat"?

Post by mattimuss Fri Sep 12, 2014 3:15 pm

Thermometer is currently reading 104* at my house...
    itruns
    itruns

Number of posts : 1605
    Registration date : 2008-07-03

Post by itruns Sat Sep 13, 2014 11:27 am

Looks like us Chicagoans got bit by another Polar Vortex. Woke up to our bedroom being 58 degrees.
    uante
    uante

Number of posts : 1466
    Registration date : 2014-01-26

Post by uante Sat Sep 13, 2014 1:45 pm

It's 100 degrees here in Phoenix today. Working in the shed on the van and my GF's '68 Beetle it gets a bit warm. Usually just do 4-5 hours with a fan and call in the morning and then head for the air condition! Could use some of the coolness you other guys are got lately! Razz
    Joe Van
    Joe Van
    Moderator 1st Class
    Moderator 1st Class

Number of posts : 4619
    Registration date : 2012-10-11

Post by Joe Van Sun Sep 14, 2014 11:59 am

After about 5 weeks of over 100 degree heat index with 50-100-% humidity I am "Beat Down" after working all week in our "Auto Repair Shop"..!!!..I have driven my Early twice in 6 weeks because of the Excessive Heat..I come home after work shut all the blinds and Crank the AC down and pray for Winter..!!!...9 more days until fall.. cheers cheers ..

Number of posts : 6186
    Registration date : 2009-09-28

Post by Twinpilot001 Sun Sep 14, 2014 1:45 pm

yes i understand. I left texas @ age 40 due to heat & tired of all. found idaho & wa. state! 4 seasons & all - here this week - might get to 80F for 2 days then back to normal 70's -am lows in mid 50's !! All i wish for here is a nice heated shop in winter!! Here many have heated concrete slabs in garages & homes too!! Nice. Here we only get hot 100F =high 90's maybe 3-4 weeks a year !!Adverage is low-mid 80's usually . I do hear down south & eastern us --- the price of ice & beer is expected to rise!! affraid lol!
    mattimuss
    mattimuss

Number of posts : 205
    Registration date : 2009-05-04

Post by mattimuss Sun Sep 14, 2014 3:48 pm

Another *HOT* one in Southern Ca today...

Some like it hot!  (some don't) What are you doing to "beat the heat"? 20140910

The A/C has been cycling continuously since 10am and it's still almost 87* in the house!

And tomorrow is supposed to be a repeat.

I'm starting to get flashbacks of Turkey, Texas and Florida.  Hasn't reached Saudi Arabia level yet...
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Number of posts : 1731
    Registration date : 2008-05-01

Post by Admin Mon Sep 15, 2014 3:12 pm

mattimuss wrote:Another *HOT* one in Southern Ca today...

Some like it hot!  (some don't) What are you doing to "beat the heat"? 20140910

I CAN relate to that temp! AND where I live, it is normally 5-10 degrees cooler than "down the hill"... sorry for them! Sad

lucky me, I get to start my p/t job at 6:30am, but still... by the time I go home, the heat is ON!!!  I get home in time to turn the fan on for the bunny and give her a bottle of ice to snuggle up too, and bring all the dogs in so they can cool off even a little from the oppressive heat wave we are having Embarassed  <----- my face when I get home lol!

even hard to go to Sleep at night Sad

the good news is, it will be cooler soon, but not before the humidity from the hurricane that hit Cabo sets in tongue  

if we gotta deal with heat, dry would be better than humid Neutral  I have NO idea how y'all survive in places like FL, TX, LA, and the other hot humid southern states Rolling Eyes

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 9:53 am