VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

2 posters

Car Show Today

Car Show Today Empty Car Show Today

Post by Guest Sat Nov 07, 2009 5:29 pm

went in to Augusta today for a car show. It's held in the Hooters parking lot, and always draws the area's best cars. Today there was over 200 cars, trucks, motorcycles and one van there. After I paid my entrance fee, I skipped the drive thru judging and found a place to park the van. Opened up the doors, set up the DVD player and sat down behind it. The judges came over and said I needed to drive back over to the judging area. Told them I wasn't interested in having it judged. Lots and lots of folks stopped looked and talked to me about the van, I had a ball visiting with them. The only reason we went to the awards part of the show was to see if we would win some of the 50/50 money. The third vehicle they called out for a plaque was my van! LMAO The judges decided to judge my van anyway and I won a top 50 plaque! To top that off, while we were relaxing in the back of the van waiting on exiting traffic to clear up a guy stopped by and said that he had a plaque for me from a show that I left early from back in the spring! I picked up a top 20 from that show! WOW the old van picked up 4 trophies this year in 5 shows. I don't need a trophy to tell me I love this old van, but it sure feels good to know that other folks like it.

As a side note, while gassing up near Lincolnton this morning, two guys looking to be in their early 60's stopped to look at the van and talk to us. They both had owned vans back in the 70's, and one had been the vice president of a pretty big van club. (Southeast Vanners Association maybe, I can't really remember). They talked for a while about how their vans were fixed up and told stories about going to van ins back in the day. I'm not sure if they made my day or if I made theirs!

Now I'm back home, tired and blistered but sitting on top of the world. Vannin' Rocks!
    64chevy
    64chevy

Number of posts : 364
    Registration date : 2008-05-18

Car Show Today Empty Re: Car Show Today

Post by 64chevy Sat Nov 07, 2009 6:54 pm

Hooters car shows are great. We need pictures (Preferably with Hooters girls in them)

[img]Car Show Today Hooter10[/img]
    G-Man
    G-Man
    Mayor
    Mayor

Number of posts : 30743
    Registration date : 2008-05-06

Post by G-Man Sat Nov 07, 2009 6:57 pm

Very cool to here about the awards, but you can't tell us about going to a Hooter's car show without some pictures

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:34 pm