VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

3 posters

Took the Econo Rescue show on the road today

EconoUSAparts
    EconoUSAparts

Number of posts : 2198
    Registration date : 2008-05-17

Took the Econo Rescue show on the road today Empty Took the Econo Rescue show on the road today

Post by EconoUSAparts Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:09 pm

Got up early today,loaded up the torches,sawzall, and tools and hit the road for the dismantlling of a 63 van in a remote location. The axles and springs were removed 20 years ago and it was turned into a shed for wheels and tires. Myself and the 75 year old owner spent the day cutting it up. Luckily he had a John Deere Tractor so we could lift it up to cut stuff on the bottom. It made the job a lot easier. It took about 6 hours to strip it clean and cut up the rest. Didnt finish loading up the trailer and all the parts til almost 8 tonight so the whole ordeal took all day minus a lunch and dinner break. First thing tomorrow Im hitting the scrap yard to unload and score a few hundred bucks, then it's back home to finish cutting up one I ve already started on and hopefully get it hauled off with a 2nd run to the scrap yard tomorrow. Im on a mission this week. Monday I made 2 runs to the scrap yard with loaded trailers too. Cha-ching! Its been a good week(vacation I think its called,ha-ha) Sunday brought home an Econo pickup. Saturday Im headed to the shop where my Econo pickup is to drop off some parts for the fab guy to weld up. This week is pretty much pure Econo. Im lovin it,the wife,well let's not go there..............................................
    econopoor
    econopoor
    Econoline Guru

Number of posts : 1747
    Registration date : 2010-04-18

Took the Econo Rescue show on the road today Empty Re: Took the Econo Rescue show on the road today

Post by econopoor Thu Apr 07, 2011 4:29 am

Hi Tim,
    This is how we deal with Econolines in the woods with no axles. It makes life very easy. LOL.

Took the Econo Rescue show on the road today DSC07403-vi

Duane in Tennessee.
    EconoUSAparts
    EconoUSAparts

Took the Econo Rescue show on the road today Empty Re: Took the Econo Rescue show on the road today

Post by EconoUSAparts Thu Apr 07, 2011 6:15 am

Man if I had one of those I could have brought it to my place and made the job much easier. Thats almost cheating:-)
    econopoor
    econopoor
    Econoline Guru

Number of posts : 1747
    Registration date : 2010-04-18

Post by econopoor Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:16 pm

It is almost like cheating. My job has some perks. This is a trip I made a couple of years ago. I had the fork lift, a 68 108 Sportvan and a Fairlane on the trailer. That little forklift is real nice. 4X4 and 4 wheel steering. It will go just about anywhere.

Took the Econo Rescue show on the road today Trainclean-vi

I was using the truck I drive to move a couple of my pickups around. This truck is cool. It will hold two Econo's and has a winch. It will easily pull both trucks up the bed at the same time. No effort at all. I've hauled a 48 Stude 2 1/2 ton bean truck on it, a 55 Ford school bus, You can't even tell they are back there. The bad side is it's heavy and will sink in mud. LOL. Good side is the winch will pull itself out. I love having access to this stuff and I'll miss it when it's gone.

Took the Econo Rescue show on the road today Stuckclean-vi

Yeah. It's cheating! LOL

Duane in Tennessee.
    G-Man
    G-Man
    Mayor
    Mayor

Number of posts : 30743
    Registration date : 2008-05-06

Post by G-Man Thu Apr 07, 2011 4:01 pm

cheating always isn't a bad thing, cool truck
    EconoUSAparts
    EconoUSAparts

Post by EconoUSAparts Thu Apr 07, 2011 6:20 pm

Wish I had access to all that equipment. That sure is nice.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:49 am