VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

+2
vanny
QCT
6 posters

Attempted to rescue this Greeenbriar today!

QCT
    QCT

Number of posts : 559
    Registration date : 2015-01-01

Attempted to rescue this Greeenbriar today! Empty Attempted to rescue this Greeenbriar today!

Post by QCT Sat Jul 11, 2015 5:23 pm

I saw this beauty peeking out behind a barn today in my travels. As you can see its surrounded by weeds and hasn't been on the road since 2013. Saw a guy doing lawn work and decided to stop and see what the scoop was.. and of course see if he'd sell it. Body was super straight and solid. Original paint is flaking off but overall it was pretty nice. We must have talked for an hour about vans and his Greenbriar. In the end he said he has thought about selling it but just hasn't decided for sure. I left him my business card so who knows? Maybe i'll get a call some day. Just hate to see it wasting away behind the barn. He said it needs brake work and thinks its worth about $3500? Just thought i'd share the pic here..

Attempted to rescue this Greeenbriar today! Gre10
    vanny
    vanny

Number of posts : 14775
    Registration date : 2012-09-22

Attempted to rescue this Greeenbriar today! Empty Re: Attempted to rescue this Greeenbriar today!

Post by vanny Sat Jul 11, 2015 6:32 pm

You never know unless you ask! If it's meant to be, he'll call you but don't give up the hunt. You're van could be just around the corner!

http://public.fotki.com/Vintage-Vans/vintage-vans-es/ruff-diamond-1/?cmd=fs_slideshow
    QCT
    QCT

Attempted to rescue this Greeenbriar today! Empty Re: Attempted to rescue this Greeenbriar today!

Post by QCT Sat Jul 11, 2015 6:45 pm

Got that right, never hurts to ask! Just hate seeing these old vans rot away from neglect. I think these are pretty cool and unique but i'm more into the Fords.. My dad has always been the GM guy in the family so I've been looking to pick one up for him. My new one, well 66 Ford is heading east from California on Monday! Super excited.
    Twinpilot001
    Twinpilot001

Number of posts : 6186
    Registration date : 2009-09-28

Post by Twinpilot001 Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:29 pm

$3500.00 = for a non cared for ="Corvair"?? affraid lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!
    QCT
    QCT

Post by QCT Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:34 pm

I was thinking his valuation was a bit high as well. Since he wasn't interested in selling it, just figured I'd let him dream a bit.
    RodStRace
    RodStRace

Number of posts : 3046
    Registration date : 2010-01-21

Post by RodStRace Sat Jul 11, 2015 9:09 pm

3500?
    Attempted to rescue this Greeenbriar today! Tumblr_m2uz6bICI71rozyyno1_500
    Abitibi
    Abitibi
    Vintage-Vans Listings Manager
    Vintage-Vans Listings Manager

Number of posts : 479
    Registration date : 2014-06-23

Post by Abitibi Mon Jul 20, 2015 11:42 am

I regularly see any of the other big 3 in worse shape selling for more so if the interior is original I wouldn't mind it at that price. I have a secret passion for the Greenbrier with their independent suspension, roll down rear windows and all the other neat options (not talking about oil leaks though)...
    Twinpilot001
    Twinpilot001

Number of posts : 6186
    Registration date : 2009-09-28

Post by Twinpilot001 Mon Jul 20, 2015 2:24 pm

Wheres the closest -------------------------------------------------------------------CRUSHER??
    QCT
    QCT

Post by QCT Mon Jul 20, 2015 3:39 pm

Yes.. The roll down rear windows! I thought that was a pretty cool feature as well.
    uante
    uante

Number of posts : 1466
    Registration date : 2014-01-26

Post by uante Mon Jul 20, 2015 9:08 pm

The mirrors are pretty cool Cool

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:58 pm