VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

4 posters

Stolen Stories

Stolen Stories Empty Stolen Stories

Post by Guest Sat Nov 07, 2009 1:02 pm

i had to leave my van in a parking lot overnight, i couldn't afford the gas to save it until this morning. so i go back to rescue it today, and my license plates were stolen. i try not to blow things out of proportion, but these were montana PERMANENT plates. after your vehicle is 11 years old, you can pay a fee (around $120) to get perm stickers for your MT plates. so i ask you this vanners and vanettes, what is the worst thing you've had stolen from your van? the whole thing? keyed paint? wheels? emblems? i know it wasn't an attack on my van, just some sleazeball {you know the type} that couldn't afford his registration. i live in montana, and things are getting worse here. i can't wait to see my plates on some beat down jalopy in the wal-mart parking lot. there'll be hell to pay.
    benwah
    benwah

Number of posts : 1135
    Registration date : 2008-07-05

Stolen Stories Empty Re: Stolen Stories

Post by benwah Sat Nov 07, 2009 4:14 pm

People are getting desperate., I blame it all on "the baby on board" stickers., gotta put all the kids in a bubble., cant let em cry., cant punish em., cant say NO!., When REALITY hits and they dont get there way as adults throwing a fit in the living room wont solve anything., They take it out on the general public,. weather stealing your regerstration or going "postal where you once worked because your unemployment ran out after two years of collecting unemployment checks." Mabee Im old school., I'm lucky if I get 32 hrs at my full time job and its been like that over a year now., I just came home today after cutting wood in the woods to make ends meet 8hrs in the woods instead of sittin on the couch feelin sorry for myself., Last weekend I helped one neighbor put an adition on his house., weekend before put a new roof on another neighbors house. If we all just got together and helped each other out life would go a lot smoother., know your neighbors, help them out they do the same for you., It should be like that all the time.,not just during a DEPERISSION., Ok Ill step off the soap box now. sleep well-BENWAH

Post by Guest Sat Nov 07, 2009 4:54 pm

I had all my tools stolen out of my van a few months ago.
    67a 100 pickup
    67a 100 pickup

Number of posts : 1319
    Registration date : 2009-01-29

Post by 67a 100 pickup Sat Nov 07, 2009 5:30 pm

Some dirt bag tried to get in my pole barn the other day thank goodness I had a 18" piece of angle iron behind the door jam. Only split the jam, but it kept them out. Now I have a 6' piece of 1 x 3 stainless with pole barn nails and 5" lag bolts behind the door jamb. Hope he comes back and separates his shoulder but good.

Last edited by 67a 100 pickup on Sun Nov 08, 2009 5:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
    itruns
    itruns

Number of posts : 1605
    Registration date : 2008-07-03

Post by itruns Sat Nov 07, 2009 9:40 pm

SIX-FO' wrote:I had all my tools stolen out of my van a few months ago.

Not all my tools, but it was significant.

My father's work van was broke into several times in the '80s and 90's. Torches, testers, etc. First time it happened to me was in '88 via the vent window on my '80 Chevy. Went to put the key in the ignition and WTF! there's a hole the dash! They probably realized it was a stick so they then took some stupid crap in the dark. Same truck was broke again a year for the 'Bag Phone".

My '90 E250 was broke into twice (vent windows again). The second time they took enough stuff to file an insurance claim. They paid me $350 for over $1,200 worth of stuff. I switched carriers the next year.

Picked up my used '98 G30 for $15K. It was two years old, super clean, low miles and I felt like I stole it. The cylinder was dislodged in the rear door. I asked the dealer what was up with previous owner and the salesman said he simply wanted a Ford instead. Found out years later that the GM lock assembly must have been engineer by Fisher Price. Simply knock the cylinder forward and use a hook tool to let yourself in.

You feel so violated and totally PO'd once you get passed the shock. You hope some A-hole cuts his fingers off with his new cheap 'slightly warm' tools. This is the stuff you need to make a living. Then some stupid part of your brain says "Well, at least we get to go shopping for new tools".
    benwah
    benwah

Number of posts : 1135
    Registration date : 2008-07-05

Post by benwah Sun Nov 08, 2009 2:16 pm

My neighbor hood, everythings somewhat safe, we all look out for each other.,next door neighborhood had seven breakins last month., and these are houses that are close together. And not to far away from me. No one knows there neighbors,ect .,a lot of weirdo's runnin wild., ect... A lot prevention is to get your neighbors involved.
    Dantra
    Dantra

Number of posts : 293
    Registration date : 2009-08-31

Post by Dantra Sun Nov 08, 2009 2:34 pm

Some POS went through our neighborhood last week, getting into unlocked cars. Stole numerous GPS units, cell phones and a wallet that he used the credit cards out of that helped nail his arse. We live in a nice neighbothood in a small decent town with a very ow crime rate. This guy has been hitting neighborhoods here for months and I became tired of it and put up a network camera. In the last year we have had both Magnums keyed ($1900 damage to mine and $600 to my wifes) I've came out and found that someone has been in my car and my Mom next door had her GPS and cell stolen.

Last week, shortly after putting up the camera I caught him on video. A small clip of the guy as he approached my Magnum like he owned it...

Stolen Stories Th_AXIS213-19216811002009-10-28_04_50_

The video I have pretty much places him in our neighborhood killing any chance of him saying that he bought or found any stoen items...he's toast. He lives in a larger nearby city and our small town was an easy target for him. As I said, he used the credit cards and thats what finally caught him...on a store video that got good shots of the car (stolen) he was driving. He was also using the cards at the gas station next to where he lived and the cops spotted the car when they were checking out the store. What a loser....
    67a 100 pickup
    67a 100 pickup

Number of posts : 1319
    Registration date : 2009-01-29

Post by 67a 100 pickup Sun Nov 08, 2009 5:42 pm

How hard is it to wire up one of those cams?? What do they use cat-5 cable? And what do you record it to??
    Dantra
    Dantra

Number of posts : 293
    Registration date : 2009-08-31

Post by Dantra Sun Nov 08, 2009 6:16 pm

The camera that we have (Axis 213 PTZ) is incredible...awesome picture, I can Zoom in on a pebble. Police were impressed

Uses cat 5 with RJ45s and plugs right into our desktop for recording

Post by Guest Sun Nov 08, 2009 10:03 pm

worst break in for me was when someone broke into my house and stole three gun safes full of guns. The really bad part was I couldn't report all of them since they were fully automatics, like M-16s, two Thompson sub machine guns, two Mac 10s, three Uzis, and two Tech nines plus four 44 magnums. a Desert Eagle, several shotguns including a street sweeper, 2 AK 47s. three SKS's. Two Ruger nine mm pistols, two, Walther P38s, a 357 mag, two Weatherbys , A Smith and Wesson 38 cal. a Tech 22 and several 22 cal rifles. I had another break in where the stole over $5000.00 dollars worth of tools and around $1500.00 worth of fishing equipment. Then a couple of weeks ago while I was in an AM/Pm someone stole my cane and knee braces out of my truck.
    itruns
    itruns

Number of posts : 1605
    Registration date : 2008-07-03

Post by itruns Mon Nov 09, 2009 4:48 am

vanishingbreed wrote:Then a couple of weeks ago while I was in an AM/Pm someone stole my cane and knee braces out of my truck.

And I thought it was bad when they took someone's work tools. I hope there's a special place in hell for those idiots.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 7:54 pm