VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

+3
G-Man
Bluelemon
fmc56
7 posters

Does anyone recognize these vans?

fmc56
    fmc56

Number of posts : 553
    Registration date : 2008-05-20

Does anyone recognize these vans? Empty Does anyone recognize these vans?

Post by fmc56 Thu Jul 10, 2008 2:41 pm

I found a few old photos of some early Chevies taken in 1976. A couple were from MA. Anyone recognize them?
    Fred
    Does anyone recognize these vans? Custom11
    Does anyone recognize these vans? Custom12
    Does anyone recognize these vans? Custom13
    Does anyone recognize these vans? Custom14
    Bluelemon
    Bluelemon

Number of posts : 139
    Registration date : 2008-07-10

Does anyone recognize these vans? Empty Re: Does anyone recognize these vans?

Post by Bluelemon Thu Jul 10, 2008 2:54 pm

You must be old to have these old pictures.....

Post by Guest Thu Jul 10, 2008 3:40 pm

That shortened one with only one side door looks familiar. I saw it in a magazine I think, or was it posted before on here?
    fmc56
    fmc56

Post by fmc56 Thu Jul 10, 2008 5:52 pm

Bluelemon wrote:You must be old to have these old pictures.....
    I wasn't old then!
    Fred
    G-Man
    G-Man
    Mayor
    Mayor

Number of posts : 30743
    Registration date : 2008-05-06

Post by G-Man Thu Jul 10, 2008 7:39 pm

Great pictures!!!!

Post by Guest Thu Jul 10, 2008 8:02 pm

Yup, here it is. Found in "Hot Rod Magazine Vans, #2, 1976"

There's another shot of it from the front in another magazine I have as well. Is this a '69 Chevy?

Is it an Ohio plate? The magazine says Rollie Eldroed, Ohio, 69 Chevy (he won an award for best Radical van) Or it could be Doug Littman, Wisc., 69 Chevy, (Best Engineered)

Does anyone recognize these vans? Choppe10
    Vanish
    Vanish
    Admin

Number of posts : 5155
    Registration date : 2008-05-02

Post by Vanish Thu Jul 10, 2008 9:03 pm

COOL COOL COOL......... Cool

xjamesx
    xjamesx

Number of posts : 378
    Registration date : 2008-05-14

Post by xjamesx Thu Jul 10, 2008 9:07 pm

rollie has "Hot-n-Nasty" which is pictured here:
    http://vintage-vans.smugmug.com/gallery/1348701_r5ugv#63636693_5hRdP

but the others are pretty sweet. none of them are mine as i was 2 years old when they were published.....

james

Post by Guest Thu Jul 10, 2008 9:32 pm

very cool pics man
    let me know if ya wanna help with some -flashback- pics for the mag sometime
    fmc56
    fmc56

Post by fmc56 Fri Jul 11, 2008 12:43 am

LEADFOOT wrote:very cool pics man
    let me know if ya wanna help with some -flashback- pics for the mag sometime
    Your welcome to any photos I have. I've been digging out a lot of old photos. My 7 year old grandson gets a kick at looking at pictures of "the old days". I've got a lot more. I'll post them as I sort through them. I think the four in this post were taken in Bowling Green KY , 1976.
    Fred
    BvrWally
    BvrWally

Number of posts : 946
    Registration date : 2008-05-19

Post by BvrWally Fri Jul 11, 2008 5:34 am

Yes I did place 2nd at the 3rd National Truckin in Bowling Green, Kentucky for Radical Van! Stupid magazine could not get my name correct, as usual...it should have read Rollie Eldred! I'm all packed up for the 36th Van National Truckin, in Altamont, Illinois...with the same VAN!
    Here is another shot of it at Watkins Glenn, New York at Van America in 1977 or 78. I was uncorking the headers prior to running a few laps on the race track.
    Does anyone recognize these vans? Hotnnasty78
    B.W. Smile

Post by Guest Fri Jul 11, 2008 9:30 am

Wow! That's great that you're here BvrWally! I have this stack of magazines I've had since I was a kid. I guess you have that same magazine eh?

So what inspired you to put that Lincoln Continental (or what is it?) grill on your van?

Do you know who the owner of the chopped/shortened van is?
    EconoUSAparts
    EconoUSAparts

Number of posts : 2198
    Registration date : 2008-05-17

Post by EconoUSAparts Fri Jul 11, 2008 2:44 pm

Wow!!! Blue Lemon's in the house. What's up Jimmy???? See you at the Nat's in a week.
    While Im at it Beaver Wally's van has a Pontiac nose on it. He told me from what but darned if I can remember. Seems to look a lot like the bigger body mid 70's Can Am version of which I forget what the base model of the vehicle is called. Theres one near me but you dont see them around much anymore.
    EconoUSAparts
    EconoUSAparts

Number of posts : 2198
    Registration date : 2008-05-17

Post by EconoUSAparts Fri Jul 11, 2008 3:04 pm

Shows what I know. I just googled the Pontiac Can Am and that's definitely not what it's from. Not even close. Im sure he'll fill us in.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Oct 17, 2024 10:46 pm