VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

3 posters

Need volunteers to do For Sale listings for A Vans, E Vans and G Vans

vanny
    vanny

Number of posts : 14775
    Registration date : 2012-09-22

Need volunteers to do For Sale listings for A Vans, E Vans and G Vans  Empty Need volunteers to do For Sale listings for A Vans, E Vans and G Vans

Post by vanny Tue Jan 04, 2022 6:55 pm

I am going to take a break from doing listings so that I can free up some time to get some long overdue work done on my van. Thanks in advance for your continued support. I may be asking questions once I get started. Need volunteers to do For Sale listings for A Vans, E Vans and G Vans  1f609

http://public.fotki.com/Vintage-Vans/vintage-vans-es/ruff-diamond-1/?cmd=fs_slideshow

Russell likes this post

donivan65
    donivan65
    Governor
    Governor

Number of posts : 12220
    Registration date : 2008-05-12

Need volunteers to do For Sale listings for A Vans, E Vans and G Vans  Empty Re: Need volunteers to do For Sale listings for A Vans, E Vans and G Vans

Post by donivan65 Tue Jan 04, 2022 7:30 pm

Could you list the places you check and any notification procedures you use for finding new listings.

savage and DanTheVanMan like this post

vanny
    vanny

Need volunteers to do For Sale listings for A Vans, E Vans and G Vans  Empty Re: Need volunteers to do For Sale listings for A Vans, E Vans and G Vans

Post by vanny Wed Jan 05, 2022 2:04 am

Yes, I will after work today.

http://public.fotki.com/Vintage-Vans/vintage-vans-es/ruff-diamond-1/?cmd=fs_slideshow

savage likes this post

savage
    savage

Number of posts : 2626
    Registration date : 2008-05-15

Post by savage Wed Jan 05, 2022 6:21 am

Thanks for all you Both do, to keep site running.

jrdunn96 likes this post

vanny
    vanny

Post by vanny Wed Jan 05, 2022 8:52 am

First of all, let me just say that I love this site because of all the people who provide both information and support for members who love these old vans and want to keep them on the road. Some of us don't have tons of skills but it's nice to have those with knowledge, skills and experience who are willing to share and encourage us along the way.

I got out early today because we got some freezing rain in the Northeast today and the rearend of my box truck got a little squirrely after the first delivery. After hearing of a few multi-car pileups on the radio, I asked my boss if I could call it a day.  

So, I put together a couple of word docs that show the 2 main sites I use to find listings. The rest I just find when I'm surfing the Inernet. If someone decides to do these listings, I'm available to help out with any questions.  My instructions may not be the best because I've been doing it so long now, it's just second nature to me...

SearchTempest - https://www.searchtempest.com

Need volunteers to do For Sale listings for A Vans, E Vans and G Vans  Search10

In the Keyword Field above, I typed in van(1961|1962|1963|1964|1965|1966|1967|1968|1969|1970)

For the other fields just choose all sales. Your zip code and any distance to get all US listings.

After you run it the first time, you can save the search and every time you open SearchTempest after that, the search is saved and you can just click on it so you don’t have to type it in again.

First time you run the search, you need to allow popups for this site in order for the results to show at the top of the page. When you hit the search button, it takes a while for all the results to come up because it searches Cragslist in over 700 cities across the US.

The other Search Engine I use is Facebook Marketplace (I know a lot of people hate Facebook, but they do have a lot of listings for Vintage Vans that aren't on Craigslist)  

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/category/vehicles

Need volunteers to do For Sale listings for A Vans, E Vans and G Vans  Facebo10

Need volunteers to do For Sale listings for A Vans, E Vans and G Vans  Facebb10

Need volunteers to do For Sale listings for A Vans, E Vans and G Vans  Facebo11

In order to narrow down results you have to use the filters on the left side of the screen. I usually put in the start year of 1961 and the max year of 1970. For Location, you can type in a city and state and the largest Radius allowed is 500 miles. Under Body Style, I choose Minivan. Otherwise you get way too many results to wade through. So you do a search , check the results, then choose the next city , etc…

I usually start with Portland, Or , then San Francisco, CA , then Albuquerque, NM, then Waco, TX, then Nashville, TN, then Tampa, FL, then Wheeling, WV, then Portland, ME, then Chicago, IL and finally Helena, MT.

Once you do it, you realize how much time it takes until you get used to it. For instance, I usually try to do it on the same day every week so when I start seeing listing dates older than a week, I just move on to the next result list.

savage likes this post

savage
    savage

Post by savage Wed Jan 05, 2022 6:41 pm

Vanny got the FB one to work. (Never knew there were so many VW up for sale)
    Can't seem to get the top one to show anything??Do you type in each year 1 at a time??
    I'm trying van1960 to 1970(1960/1961,1962,Ect to1970) Nothing coming up??
    Glad you got off Icy roads Box truck's, & Van's aren't very good on ice

jrdunn96 likes this post

vanny
    vanny

Post by vanny Wed Jan 05, 2022 7:00 pm

The pipe symbol is what you need to use to separate the years. It’s the vertical line with a little space in the middle, not the forward slash.

savage likes this post

savage
    savage

Post by savage Thu Jan 06, 2022 6:54 am

Thank Vanny see what my Old computer will let me do
    So, what kind of upgrades you going to do on your van??
    How about some pics of your van, don't think I seen any for some time?

Russell likes this post

vanny
    vanny

Post by vanny Thu Jan 06, 2022 7:26 am

My van hasn’t changed. I’m starting with replacing the wiring. I purchased a Painless kit so I will have to see just how painless it really is…. Baby steps, if I can get it to run after the wiring, I will go from there.

savage likes this post

savage
    savage

Post by savage Thu Jan 06, 2022 7:49 am

Painless is a Good one, with the wires marked ever so far, and they give you most of the connecters you will need. good fuse box, with extra space & more option for upgrades (unlike original one)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:18 pm