VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

2 posters

72 E-200 Weatherstripping, and panel seams.

72 E-200 Weatherstripping, and panel seams. Empty 72 E-200 Weatherstripping, and panel seams.

Post by Guest Tue Oct 06, 2009 4:00 pm

First I have looked all over online, and I can not find anyone who offers weather stripping for my van. I have not checked my local parts store but is this where everyone is getting their weather stripping for windows and doors? Next I have two panels that have had the seems start to come apart. I figure that getting them apart is not all that tough, but what is used to bond them. Is it a JB Weld type or something else. THANKS ALL!
    G-Man
    G-Man
    Mayor
    Mayor

Number of posts : 30743
    Registration date : 2008-05-06

72 E-200 Weatherstripping, and panel seams. Empty Re: 72 E-200 Weatherstripping, and panel seams.

Post by G-Man Tue Oct 06, 2009 4:17 pm

our vans are earlier than yours, but maybe one of our econoheads can help. Here a site that may be more helpful for your year
    http://econolines.ipbhost.com/index.php?&CODE=03&uid=1138&aid=b6a3550c70ad0c691297f302ad1e2834

72 E-200 Weatherstripping, and panel seams. Empty Re: 72 E-200 Weatherstripping, and panel seams.

Post by Guest Tue Oct 06, 2009 7:43 pm

How great. Thanks for the info, unfortunately with your help I found that I'm hosed! There is nothing on the market. Oh well nothing more satisfying than restoring old parts! Thank you for your help though!

Post by Guest Tue Oct 06, 2009 8:33 pm

There are a lot of generic weather strippings you can use but none will look like the factory ones. There is a place in Rialto, Calif. That has a large room full of what looks like dozens of different styles. They sell it by the foot. I bought some there for a 59 Ford panel I built. It worked perfect on the doors.
    savage
    savage

Number of posts : 2631
    Registration date : 2008-05-15

Post by savage Wed Oct 07, 2009 7:37 am

Check out Clesters Auto Reprouctions(www.clestersauto.com )or how about Steel Rubber?? Oh yea Welcome to the site

Post by Guest Sat Oct 10, 2009 7:46 am

Thanks for the welcome! After LOTS of research I came across this company! Classic Auto Parts Works for me since it is only about 4 hours away!!! This is the ONLY company that I have found that carries ANY weatherstripping specifically for the second gen econo. So far I have only found the front windshield weatherstripping, but that is really the only one I was worried about. Hopefully this helps someone who owns a second gen econo. Also to the tons of first gen owners they have parts for you too, but your probably used to that. HA! Very Happy

Post by Guest Sat Oct 10, 2009 11:42 am

VanGough wrote:Thanks for the welcome! After LOTS of research I came across this company! Classic Auto Parts Works for me since it is only about 4 hours away!!! This is the ONLY company that I have found that carries ANY weatherstripping specifically for the second gen econo. So far I have only found the front windshield weatherstripping, but that is really the only one I was worried about. Hopefully this helps someone who owns a second gen econo. Also to the tons of first gen owners they have parts for you too, but your probably used to that. HA! Very Happy
    I think there is a link to Classic auto parts on this site. I know I have posted about them many times.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Sep 16, 2024 1:17 pm