VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

+5
Oscarm
Joe Van
Bruce67Econoline
Twinpilot001
weirdbeard
9 posters

Van Value for 64 panel

weirdbeard
    weirdbeard
    Vintage-Vans Listings Manager

Number of posts : 2374
    Registration date : 2014-04-15

Van Value for 64 panel Empty Van Value for 64 panel

Post by weirdbeard Thu Jan 15, 2015 2:44 pm

I wanted to pick peoples brain about the value of my van.  It is a 64 panel van with the camper top. 170 with 3 on the tree. all new bushings, shocks, referbished gas tank, new sending unit, new brakes, master cylinder, under side blasted and painted, all new body work and in primer and ready for paint, side pipes and headers, brand new tires 15x10 on the rear and 14x7 on the front on slot mags. new valve cover gasket, painted cover, painted trans,  no radio, seats need new upolstry, no interior.  Im thinking about 4k tops.
    weirdbeard
    weirdbeard

Van Value for 64 panel Empty Re: Van Value for 64 panel

Post by weirdbeard Thu Jan 15, 2015 2:45 pm

IF the van was painted with new upolstry, radio, and interior I think more like 12-15.
    Twinpilot001
    Twinpilot001

Number of posts : 6186
    Registration date : 2009-09-28

Post by Twinpilot001 Thu Jan 15, 2015 3:54 pm

3-4 g's ?? maybe?? without seeing .
    weirdbeard
    weirdbeard

Post by weirdbeard Thu Jan 15, 2015 3:55 pm

How about in full new paint, no interior?
    Bruce67Econoline
    Bruce67Econoline

Number of posts : 809
    Registration date : 2014-01-25

Post by Bruce67Econoline Thu Jan 15, 2015 4:15 pm

Because of the fire my 67 Deluxe Club Wagon van was just appraised at $9k before the fire . If they total it they will sell it back to me for $1500.00( salvage title) Mine has new seats recent paint( with in the last 6 years). I added the Clifford 6=8 upgrade on my 240, (added tons of horsepower by the way) Rebuilt c4 auto. Chrome bumpers, mirrors, steering column, ashtray, glove box door, etc = kingpins as well as everything you did to yours except I have the 67 upgrade master cylinder. I do have rust in the rain gutters in 3 corners an one spot of rust under the passenger back up light. Appraiser said there was very minimal body filler. I hope this helps
    weirdbeard
    weirdbeard

Post by weirdbeard Thu Jan 15, 2015 4:24 pm

Do you think a Deluxe club wagon is worth more than a panel van? Also I will have no interior execpt 2 ripped up front seats and a rear bench seat, no carpet paneling, flooring,etc?
    Bruce67Econoline
    Bruce67Econoline

Number of posts : 809
    Registration date : 2014-01-25

Post by Bruce67Econoline Thu Jan 15, 2015 6:10 pm

weirdbeard wrote:Do you think a Deluxe club wagon is worth more than a panel van? Also I will have no interior execpt 2 ripped up front seats and a rear bench seat, no carpet paneling, flooring,etc?
    Me personally I like a window, but others like a panel more. I just was trying to give you a base line price. I had removed my fiberglass panels earlier this year. No carpet, but new seats and floor mat, two used rear bench seats.Just trying to help you with a current appraisal.
    weirdbeard
    weirdbeard

Post by weirdbeard Thu Jan 15, 2015 7:21 pm

Joe Van
    Joe Van
    Moderator 1st Class
    Moderator 1st Class

Number of posts : 4619
    Registration date : 2012-10-11

Post by Joe Van Thu Jan 15, 2015 8:40 pm

Where I live in the "Hot Rod" world nowadays by rule you can expect about half of what you have into it back if you sold it..!!!. (Parts & Labor)..I have 20k easy in mine not including labor but will Never see that much if I sold it.!!!...I would be lucky to get 10k for mine Sad But True so unless you are ready to sell it I myself try not to think about what its worth..!!!..But for insurance purposes I have my Van insured with Grundy for 15k it would at least assure me a good start on another one if anything ever happened to mine... Very Happy .. JMO........

Post by weirdbeard Fri Jan 23, 2015 8:53 am

What would you say a professional painted van (two tone) with new shocks, bushings, brakes, re done gas tank, new body panels painted undercarriage, new clutch, side pipes, new tires on slot mags, camper top, new window and door seals. 170 six with 3 on the tree. No new seats or interior, just a bench seat in the rear could sell for. Top dollar?

No 9" rear, no engine rebuild, no trans rebuild, no new king pins or stearing components, original stearing box. no ac, no disc brakes.

Sorry for beating a dead horse here. But if a appraiser came out what value you think he would put on it. do they use craigslist as a guide?
    weirdbeard
    weirdbeard

Post by weirdbeard Fri Jan 23, 2015 9:35 am

Also what do you think the value would be if its painted and not re-assembled?
    Oscarm
    Oscarm

Number of posts : 91
    Registration date : 2014-05-06

Post by Oscarm Fri Jan 23, 2015 11:04 am

Over the years, I've always collected & kept printed copies of "For Sale" vehicles similar to mine. If I ever had a disastrous claim, I would have a fistful of 'similars' to help the appraiser.
    Not sure what you requirements are south of the border, but up here, vintage vehicles need a professional appraisal supplied ($$) just to get insurance coverage... Not a bad thing.
    Big W
    Big W

Number of posts : 3282
    Registration date : 2011-01-13

Post by Big W Fri Jan 23, 2015 2:47 pm

It's kinda the same here in Saskatchewan, Canada. I have an antique plate on my van now, but it only gives you $1000.00 to $2000.00 insured value as it stands. Now if I want, I can have it appraised and insure that value with a different plate just the same as you would any other knew vehicle and If something happened to it I would get that appraised value minus my deductible which could be 50 dollars up to 500 dollars, depending on the policy I choose. So I guess if it's not to much money, have your van appraised and see what they think it's worth. Show them all the bills for the work done and go from there. I know when I went to buy an older vehicle I had to get a loan from the bank and what a surprise I got when the bank said it wasn't worth what the seller was asking, according to there books. But if I had that appraised value, she said they would give me the money to buy it. Just food for thought when your the seller or on the other side looking to buy something.
    xjamesx
    xjamesx

Number of posts : 378
    Registration date : 2008-05-14

Post by xjamesx Fri Jan 23, 2015 9:42 pm

That's a tough one, Brett. But I've thought similar questions when I find a more desirable van than the one I have. If you want my amateur opinion, I'd guess $5-7k. I'm basing this off of the "for sale" links you and others post on here. Could be worth more to some people but it all depends on the buyer and the specifics of the van.
    kookykrispy
    kookykrispy

Number of posts : 1533
    Registration date : 2009-05-22

Post by kookykrispy Sun Jan 25, 2015 8:36 am

When determining a van's value, three things matter:  Condition, condition, condition

Its hard to tell you much more than that without seeing detailed pics
    Bassman
    Bassman

Number of posts : 3
    Registration date : 2012-03-05

Post by Bassman Sun Jan 25, 2015 7:33 pm

Just registered my POS. 62. Epup. In De. Formerly from. SC, a cop. Walked around. It. And. Proclaimed. It. Fit. For. Service. ! The. Clerk. Behind. The. Counter. Informed. Me. That KB. valued. It. From. 5.5k. Fair condition. To. 10.5. Excellent. Condition. They. Were. Kind. To. Me. And. Charged. The. Lower. Amount. For. Tax. Purposes. He. Did. Not. Look. Under. The. Hood. ! I. Guess. It. Don't. Matter. And. The. Sell. For. What. The. Market. Will bare. ,,,,,,

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 4:51 am