VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

+19
toad
RodStRace
billo
benwah
LiveWire64
DanTheVanMan
Digz
Van Halen
Nightmoves
virtual
dix
BvrWally
Wookee
67a 100 pickup
EconoUSAparts
panelmanrd
RipVanArkie
Vanish
G-Man
23 posters

39th Nats challenge "The Return of the Early's"

G-Man
    G-Man
    Mayor
    Mayor

Number of posts : 30743
    Registration date : 2008-05-06

39th Nats challenge "The Return of the Early's" Empty 39th Nats challenge "The Return of the Early's"

Post by G-Man Tue Jul 21, 2009 9:15 pm

Scene this post over at VCVC and thought I would bring this challence over here. The challence is to have your van done in 3 years and attend the 40th Nats. At this point no one knows where the 40th will be. The hope is that it's somewhere in the middle of the country???
    How cool would it be to have 100 early's or even 150 early's in one place. The No#'s of Dodge A100's and Econolines are alway low at the Nat's for some reason??? I would like to see there No#'s match that of the Chevy's that show every year. It would be cool to see some Corvans there also.

Here the only problem if you own a A100 pickup or econoline pickup you wouldn't be aloud in (????) To me they are a van made into a pickup, but to them they are a pickup???

Last edited by G-Man on Fri Jul 23, 2010 7:06 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Vanish
    Vanish
    Admin

Number of posts : 5155
    Registration date : 2008-05-02

39th Nats challenge "The Return of the Early's" Empty Re: 39th Nats challenge "The Return of the Early's"

Post by Vanish Tue Jul 21, 2009 9:25 pm

Here the only problem if you own a A100 pickup or econoline pickup you wouldn't be aloud in (????) To me they are a van made into a pickup, but to them they are a pickup???

Hopefully This Could be over Looked !!!!!!!

G-Man
    G-Man
    Mayor
    Mayor

39th Nats challenge "The Return of the Early's" Empty Re: 39th Nats challenge "The Return of the Early's"

Post by G-Man Tue Jul 21, 2009 9:31 pm

I wouldn't count on that
    RipVanArkie
    RipVanArkie

Number of posts : 987
    Registration date : 2008-05-13

Post by RipVanArkie Thu Jul 30, 2009 1:11 pm

Only Vanners are allowed, no Vuckers! Evil or Very Mad

Too bad too.

Campers are allowed only on early chassis', but you can't bring a PU even though it shares the entire lower half of the body with the vans.

I love 'm all!
    panelmanrd
    panelmanrd

Number of posts : 801
    Registration date : 2009-10-04

Post by panelmanrd Fri May 28, 2010 4:48 am

you can blame the van nationals board for that one, talk about no flexability,
    these guys wrote the book on it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    G-Man
    G-Man
    Mayor
    Mayor

Post by G-Man Fri May 28, 2010 10:06 am

Yes they are pretty ridged about somethings
    EconoUSAparts
    EconoUSAparts

Number of posts : 2198
    Registration date : 2008-05-17

Post by EconoUSAparts Fri May 28, 2010 8:04 pm

panelmanrd wrote:you can blame the van nationals board for that one, talk about no flexability,
    these guys wrote the book on it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Im not so sure thats completely accurate. A few years back at the Nats in Michigan even people in cars came in. Also huge motor homes were there too. I was told it was up to the club hosting it at the time. Maybe thats changed. I can ask Howard whats up. He is on the board.
    67a 100 pickup
    67a 100 pickup

Number of posts : 1319
    Registration date : 2009-01-29

Post by 67a 100 pickup Sun May 30, 2010 6:07 am

Well... if they don't want any vucker's that's fine, G-man organizes a great day at Baker's that ALL are welcome at.
    Wookee

Number of posts : 235
    Registration date : 2008-05-29

Post by Wookee Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:40 pm

Actually ALLOT of though and planning went into the rules and regulations when the first Nats board back in the 70's put the rules and regulations together.
    This event being around for 38 years is a testament to that all in it's self.
    Allot of smaller vans runs allow Vucks into there event.
    Yes, from Time to time a host club will allow some form of a non van in.
    Hands down it is still the premier van event of the summer vanning season.......

........Wookee
    G-Man
    G-Man
    Mayor
    Mayor

Post by G-Man Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:18 am

Wookee I would say half this sites member are West Coasters alot of deep south members also. I think you said it a 6 hour drive is most peoples max. I would like to go to the New York nats and the drive is the issue, not how far it is but the time it takes there and back. With my business it hard to take that much time off.

Do you know where the 39th and 40th nats will be held???
    BvrWally
    BvrWally

Number of posts : 946
    Registration date : 2008-05-19

Post by BvrWally Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:21 am

Next year in SE Ohio! Vans 0n the Run will host it, from what I heard out of the Van Council meeting in February this year! It use to be you would not find out till the actual National evant, not you only have notice of that year at the meeting. No one will know about the 40th until the C of C at the meeting next February 2011.
    B.W. Smile

Last edited by BvrWally on Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:24 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : additional info)
    G-Man
    G-Man
    Mayor
    Mayor

Post by G-Man Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:08 pm

BvrWally is there a town picked yet??? SE Ohio is very doable for me.
    dix
    dix
    Moderator 1st Class
    Moderator 1st Class

Number of posts : 8732
    Registration date : 2008-05-29

Post by dix Sat Jul 17, 2010 5:55 pm

I 70 AROUND MILE MARKER 186 CAMBRIDGE OHIO
    virtual
    virtual

Number of posts : 257
    Registration date : 2008-05-21

Post by virtual Sun Jul 18, 2010 7:14 am

I would strongly suggest that the 39th Nationals would be "the" year to do it over the 40th. The 39th is very centrally located as well as being the 50th Anniversary of both the Econoline and the Corvan. The largest recent gathering of earlies was in Ohio so that bodes well for another big turnout.
    I will see what I can do to arrange something for the Econoline, Corvair and A100 pickups. They will not be allowed into the Nationals but they could stay at an alternate campground and all the earlies could meet up at some point. It's in the best interest of everyone to try to work out a happy medium here to get as many earlies together as possible.
    G-Man
    G-Man
    Mayor
    Mayor

Post by G-Man Sun Jul 18, 2010 7:30 am

virtual, I change the post from 40th to 39th because I think your right about the OH location. virtual if you could arrange this and if we can get a good turn out of the A100, Econoline and Corvair pickup's maybe it could be a start of a change for the future.
    BvrWally
    BvrWally

Number of posts : 946
    Registration date : 2008-05-19

Post by BvrWally Sun Jul 18, 2010 7:32 am

Guernsey Fairgrounds in Old Washington, OH site of the 39th Van Nationals!
    Link on Mapquest: http://www.mapquest.com/maps?city=Old+Washington&state=OH&cat=Guernsey+county+fairgrounds&country=US&latitude=40.038601&longitude=-81.444702&geocode=CITY
    Be there!!!
    B.W. Smile
    Nightmoves
    Nightmoves

Number of posts : 2214
    Registration date : 2008-11-17

Post by Nightmoves Sun Jul 18, 2010 9:20 am

460 mi.,8 1/2 hrs.,11 months,very doable for me.
    Tune up yer banjo boys,we're headed North!
    Van Halen
    Van Halen

Number of posts : 1785
    Registration date : 2010-04-30

Post by Van Halen Sun Jul 18, 2010 2:12 pm

384 for me---Hmmmmm when is it??
    Digz
    Digz

Number of posts : 3794
    Registration date : 2008-05-17

Post by Digz Sun Jul 18, 2010 2:19 pm

MapQuest says 416 mi, 7 hrs. for me. Have to get going on another to-do list ! At the rate I move ,wiill need 11 mos. Ha !
    DanTheVanMan
    DanTheVanMan
    Commissioner
    Commissioner

Number of posts : 7900
    Registration date : 2008-10-08

Post by DanTheVanMan Sun Jul 18, 2010 2:58 pm

772.89 miles for me!!! Errr! Rolling Eyes

2004 Kawasaki KLR650
    1997 Jeep TJ Sport

My Mini Gallery

39th Nats challenge "The Return of the Early's" Qr_cod10

<-<-<- Cruising is not a "Point A to Point B" thing, but an "Everything in between thing!  <-<-<-
    67a 100 pickup
    67a 100 pickup

Number of posts : 1319
    Registration date : 2009-01-29

Post by 67a 100 pickup Sun Jul 18, 2010 4:56 pm

Joe... I might have to follow you down there, should have things painted by then.
    G-Man
    G-Man
    Mayor
    Mayor

Post by G-Man Sun Jul 18, 2010 5:29 pm

Duane I plan on making this event also, as we get closer we can plan a meeting point maybe. for something like this I leave very early in the morning. You beat the heat and alot of traffic
    LiveWire64
    LiveWire64

Number of posts : 244
    Registration date : 2009-03-17

Post by LiveWire64 Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:50 am

As Virtual stated, next year is gonna be a good one with the Econo turning 50.
    A bunch of vanner's will be cruising back to Ohio next year. Is only 2300 miles for me...one way!
    Can't wait! Brad

39TH NATS HERE
    39th Nats challenge "The Return of the Early's" Nats%2Bbible%2Bback-FINAL+copy
    G-Man
    G-Man
    Mayor
    Mayor

Post by G-Man Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:51 pm

I hope that alot of you can make this Nat's, great chance for many of us to meet for the first time. I always have the 69 to drive, but hope the 64 is done we'll see on that one
    virtual
    virtual

Number of posts : 257
    Registration date : 2008-05-21

Post by virtual Tue Jul 20, 2010 6:57 am

At the 2010 Council of Councils in February someone brought up doing a vanner like Power Tour. Livewire64 and others will be coming up from California and will be gathering vans along the way. This bodes very well for vanners with vintage vans who are not comfortable travelling alone. We'll see if we can make this into a multi tentacled tour with other parts starting in the Northeast, Southeast and Canada as well. This is not encouraging someone to bring a not quite road worthy van to the event but those of us who can't strip down an engine on the side of the road may be a bit more comfortable travelling in a group of vanners who can help out if needed. We'll definately be talking about this at the 2011 CofC.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 5:29 pm