VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

+4
DanTheVanMan
Scott
BADBADGER
throttlejunkie
8 posters

anyone know where i can get a radiator????

throttlejunkie
    throttlejunkie

Number of posts : 17
    Registration date : 2009-02-17

anyone know where i can get a radiator???? Empty anyone know where i can get a radiator????

Post by throttlejunkie Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:04 am

looking for a radiator for my 68, 225 . parts store says it's not available. Would a radiator for a 70 with a v8 work? there is one of those on e-bay. thanks
    BADBADGER
    BADBADGER

Number of posts : 246
    Registration date : 2009-05-15

anyone know where i can get a radiator???? Empty where to get a radiator

Post by BADBADGER Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:54 am

In the case of radiators, size does matter. If you can get a measurement from the ebay seller, get the overall dimensions and the number of cores or the thickness. Also the size of the hose necks and location. If they are the same then it would most likely work. However if you have a radiator shop, check with them for availability of an aftermarket radiator. They will have sources the local parts store wont.
    Scott
    Scott

Number of posts : 1651
    Registration date : 2008-05-20

anyone know where i can get a radiator???? Empty Re: anyone know where i can get a radiator????

Post by Scott Tue Jun 23, 2009 9:23 am

Post the measurements of just the Core, and the measurements that include the tanks. Does the radiator sit in a cradle, or are there side brackets on the radiator for attaching it to the body?

anyone know where i can get a radiator???? Empty Re: anyone know where i can get a radiator????

Post by Guest Tue Jun 23, 2009 11:13 am

The core is 19 x 22. 19 wide/22 high

That radiator on Ebay will not work. It's for a B-van.
    throttlejunkie
    throttlejunkie

Post by throttlejunkie Wed Jun 24, 2009 1:50 pm

350 bucks for a recore and the place that makes the core is out of the metal said at least 2 weeks till they can make one. Nobody knows of anything else that will work???????
    throttlejunkie
    throttlejunkie

Post by throttlejunkie Wed Jun 24, 2009 2:26 pm

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=370208088368&_trksid=p2759.l1259

can this be made to work the core size is almost the same, 1/2 inch off on the width.
    DanTheVanMan
    DanTheVanMan
    Commissioner
    Commissioner

Number of posts : 7900
    Registration date : 2008-10-08

Post by DanTheVanMan Wed Jun 24, 2009 3:09 pm

Holy crap! This might also work in a 1st Gen Chevy G10... cyclops

2004 Kawasaki KLR650
    1997 Jeep TJ Sport

My Mini Gallery

anyone know where i can get a radiator???? Qr_cod10

<-<-<- Cruising is not a "Point A to Point B" thing, but an "Everything in between thing!  <-<-<-
    G-Man
    G-Man
    Mayor
    Mayor

Number of posts : 30743
    Registration date : 2008-05-06

Post by G-Man Wed Jun 24, 2009 3:16 pm

If you can make it work it's a deal for sure
    kltcustoms
    kltcustoms

Number of posts : 199
    Registration date : 2008-07-07

Post by kltcustoms Fri Jun 26, 2009 10:06 am

I am having the same issue...I have the stocker but it leaks. I will find out today if I have to have it rebuilt or just get it patched up. FREAKING $375 DAMN !! More than I paid for the whole van.
    DanTheVanMan
    DanTheVanMan
    Commissioner
    Commissioner

Number of posts : 7900
    Registration date : 2008-10-08

Post by DanTheVanMan Fri Jun 26, 2009 1:05 pm

Also look for a 64-66 Mustang Rad. it will work too.

2004 Kawasaki KLR650
    1997 Jeep TJ Sport

My Mini Gallery

anyone know where i can get a radiator???? Qr_cod10

<-<-<- Cruising is not a "Point A to Point B" thing, but an "Everything in between thing!  <-<-<-
    67a 100 pickup
    67a 100 pickup

Number of posts : 1319
    Registration date : 2009-01-29

Post by 67a 100 pickup Fri Jun 26, 2009 6:54 pm

KLT... where are you at???? I paid 225. to have mine recored at the local radiator shop. 375. is way to high, keep on looking and make some more phone calls. If you guys want the phone number to the shop it might be cheaper to pay the freight. It took him 10 days to do mine. The listing on ebay is not correct, my V8 radiator has the lower outlet on the left. The picture they are showing has the outlets in the same location as the one I have for my /6. If I had seen this one before I got mine recored I would've bought this one.
    benwah
    benwah

Number of posts : 1135
    Registration date : 2008-07-05

Post by benwah Sat Jun 27, 2009 7:14 pm

V8 modles and slant 6 modles differ, Ive seen some top tanks openings on the middle and right n left. Im pretty sure there are no rads available aftermarket for our vans and I personally perfer a rebuild anyway, A local shop will put more effort in makeing things right than any massed produced crap from china.
    kltcustoms
    kltcustoms

Number of posts : 199
    Registration date : 2008-07-07

Post by kltcustoms Sun Jun 28, 2009 5:05 pm

Yeah I have both a V-8 and a slant 6 both auto trans radiators...my guy was able to patch up the original but he said it was real weak. He advized useing a 7 lbs cap and hope for the best. I am in Spokane Wa

kent@kltcustoms.com is my email

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 16, 2024 9:58 pm