VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

2 posters

fuel tank sending unit leak

67a 100 pickup
    67a 100 pickup

Number of posts : 1319
    Registration date : 2009-01-29

fuel tank sending unit leak Empty fuel tank sending unit leak

Post by 67a 100 pickup Sun Jun 21, 2009 6:51 pm

Anyone else have trouble getting the sending unit to seal after replacement??? I got one off of ebay and the new nut was crappy compared to my old rusty one, so I changed it over and things were fine for the first couple of days, but after 50 miles my gage was dropping to fast and sure enough I had seepage problems. I ended up reusing the old gasket and old nut along with the new gasket to get the leak stopped. So if you get a new don't throw anything away for a couple of days, you might need some of it.
    oo3

Number of posts : 290
    Registration date : 2008-06-01

fuel tank sending unit leak Empty Re: fuel tank sending unit leak

Post by oo3 Mon Jun 22, 2009 8:36 am

i had basically the same problem - thought i had posted this before - however not in here - https://vintage-vans.forumotion.com/between-the-seats-a-f16/fuel-sender-leak-t1769.htm - we had some info in the parts for sale section for the senders but i dont see the post anymore ?! - anyways yes the nut didnt have large enough ridge to press against the tank flange - i also used the old one but only had to use one gasket - did find i had to have at least 5 gallons of gas before it came close to e - annoying but i changed mine because of leak in metal tube of sender - and didnt have to drop tank to change sender - although as long as you are servicing that area if you have not already done so, change all hoses for tank - supply, vent, intake - oo3
    67a 100 pickup
    67a 100 pickup

Number of posts : 1319
    Registration date : 2009-01-29

Post by 67a 100 pickup Thu Jun 25, 2009 5:08 pm

Glad to hear I'm not the only one that has had a problem with these. I guess it can be related to the production of crap parts from outside of the US and CAN.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:11 am