VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

3 posters

Has anyone actually put an aftermarket A/c in an A100 with a slant six?

southerngospel
    southerngospel

Number of posts : 2
    Registration date : 2019-01-27

Has anyone actually put an aftermarket A/c in an A100 with a slant six? Empty Has anyone actually put an aftermarket A/c in an A100 with a slant six?

Post by southerngospel Sun Jan 27, 2019 10:09 pm

So..ive seen people put one in with a v8...and other people suggest ways that it may be possible to do it to the slant 6...but have yet to see proof of anyone putting in a vintageair...or other aftermarket a/c in an a100. Anyone completed that task?.
    Brandon2
    Brandon2

Number of posts : 54
    Registration date : 2016-01-18

Has anyone actually put an aftermarket A/c in an A100 with a slant six? Empty Re: Has anyone actually put an aftermarket A/c in an A100 with a slant six?

Post by Brandon2 Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:03 am

My 69 w/318 originally had AC, but the previous owner had taken out the condenser and hoses. I installed a fresh system from Classic Auto Air, where the only thing I used from the original system was the evaporator.
    southerngospel
    southerngospel

Number of posts : 2
    Registration date : 2019-01-27

Has anyone actually put an aftermarket A/c in an A100 with a slant six? Empty Re: Has anyone actually put an aftermarket A/c in an A100 with a slant six?

Post by southerngospel Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:31 am

Seems like all the ones ive ever seen discussed are v8s. I cant really find anyone who has done the slant 6..like ever.
    jkr
    jkr

Number of posts : 1148
    Registration date : 2008-05-29

Post by jkr Mon Jan 28, 2019 2:36 pm

just remember that as an original option when these vehicles were new all the a-c compressors were 2 cyl v-twin design units. they were big, heavy, and somewhat noisy. and that included the slanty 6 versions. but I will stick my neck out and say no early vans were equipped with a-c and a slant 6. when the big compressor clutch kicked in it would almost stall a big block so a slant didn't stand a chance. in my years with dodge I have installed several "autotemp II " kits and newer smaller vane style compressors and even the 80's the early vane compressors sucked the life out of any engine.
    to source all the parts to mount a compressor on a slant today will be a challenge but not impossible. old salvage yards with old diplomats, 1/2 tons, and b series vans might get what you need. but then there is the evaporator set up to make it tidy as all our a-series came with the roof mounted piece. good luck...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 12:01 am