VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

5 posters

Original LA 1967 heavy duty window supervan.

longBeach67
    longBeach67

Number of posts : 2
    Registration date : 2018-09-05

Original LA 1967 heavy duty window supervan. Empty Original LA 1967 heavy duty window supervan.

Post by longBeach67 Thu Sep 06, 2018 1:28 pm

Picked up this running and driving 67 heavy duty super van from a friend. I wasn't in the market for one but he demanded I come look at it before he offered it publicly. I knew the second I saw it that I was buying it. Every door closes perfectly and aligns perfectly, the body is perfectly straight except for 3 small dents/dings around the passenger headlight and turn signal, one quarter sized rust bubble on passenger door corner below the handle.

I love the patina on the van, and how original/complete it is. Has the original King Motor dealer frames front and rear, original dash pad and steering wheel are both uncracked, the original rubber floor mat is still intact and complete (albeit filthy and grimy). I've never seen an intact floor mat in one of these vans before, just bits and pieces left over. It still even has a portion of the original headliner in the back, something else I've only seen once before.

There are two service stickers in the door jamb. One in 1978 says the van had 70,000 miles. Then in 1987 it had 87,000 miles. The van was parked in 2006. It now shows 92,000 miles and I believe based on the prior service stickers and everything else being complete and unmolested that this is probably original miles and it hasn't rolled over yet.

First part ordered was a lowering kit from Tim Brogan. Next up the brakes need attention. Going with the D&D disc conversion for the front. Tires look to be from the 70s so I can't drive on those... I think a 15" or 17" (undecided, but leaning towards the 15s) set of the grey centered torq thrust 2 VN215 will look great on the van dropped a few inches. The patina is staying and I'm looking into whether I should have it clear coated.

Lastly need to find a new windshield and a passenger seat, that's the one damn thing missing from the van.

Original LA 1967 heavy duty window supervan. Driver10
    Original LA 1967 heavy duty window supervan. Dash10
    Original LA 1967 heavy duty window supervan. Floorm10
    Original LA 1967 heavy duty window supervan. Passen10
    Original LA 1967 heavy duty window supervan. Plate10
    Original LA 1967 heavy duty window supervan. Rear10
    OutofSight
    OutofSight

Number of posts : 1558
    Registration date : 2015-11-19

Original LA 1967 heavy duty window supervan. Empty Re: Original LA 1967 heavy duty window supervan.

Post by OutofSight Thu Sep 06, 2018 2:48 pm

Congrats and welcome aboard!
    jrdunn96
    jrdunn96

Number of posts : 690
    Registration date : 2016-01-01

Original LA 1967 heavy duty window supervan. Empty Re: Original LA 1967 heavy duty window supervan.

Post by jrdunn96 Thu Sep 06, 2018 4:56 pm

Congratulations on your find and welcome to VV!
    Jim
    vanny
    vanny

Number of posts : 14775
    Registration date : 2012-09-22

Post by vanny Thu Sep 06, 2018 5:48 pm

Cool project! Well worth the time and effort to get it going safely down the road again...Congrats and welcome!!!

http://public.fotki.com/Vintage-Vans/vintage-vans-es/ruff-diamond-1/?cmd=fs_slideshow
    steelrat
    steelrat

Number of posts : 116
    Registration date : 2014-11-24

Post by steelrat Fri Apr 12, 2019 8:04 pm

Right on!. Enjoy the journey using and restoring it.
    My Supervan resto journey
    https://s304.photobucket.com/user/mercsupervan/library/Mobile%20Uploads?sort=3&page=1

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:48 pm