VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

3 posters

how to get the stainless molding off of drip rail

lear0
    lear0

Number of posts : 86
    Registration date : 2017-04-28

how to get the stainless molding off of drip rail Empty how to get the stainless molding off of drip rail

Post by lear0 Wed May 23, 2018 8:22 pm

i am salvaging a 108 with the stainless drip rail. i would like to install on pickup.

does anyone know how to remove and not damage?
    looks like it originally was a snap fit,but i've sure had no luck unsnapping...
    gary h
    gary h

Number of posts : 475
    Registration date : 2012-10-19

how to get the stainless molding off of drip rail Empty Re: how to get the stainless molding off of drip rail

Post by gary h Wed May 23, 2018 11:06 pm

Try Plastic/Nylon pry tools. Harbor Freight has them. Maybe wood paint stick. Hit pry tool lightly with rubber mallet. cheers
    Dan Scully
    Dan Scully

Number of posts : 254
    Registration date : 2016-07-30

how to get the stainless molding off of drip rail Empty Re: how to get the stainless molding off of drip rail

Post by Dan Scully Fri May 25, 2018 6:08 pm

The upper part has the bigger grip, I just used a hard plastic and hitting from the bottom pops it up and off.how to get the stainless molding off of drip rail 20180512

how to get the stainless molding off of drip rail 20180513
    lear0
    lear0

Number of posts : 86
    Registration date : 2017-04-28

Post by lear0 Sat Jun 02, 2018 7:08 pm

so beat it with a big hammer,and plastic,i'll give that a try. i'm pretty good at brute force removal.lol

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 28, 2024 5:39 pm