VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

2 posters

4 barrel Holly390 CFM conversion

DrFabulous
    DrFabulous

Number of posts : 10
    Registration date : 2018-01-11

4 barrel Holly390 CFM conversion Empty 4 barrel Holly390 CFM conversion

Post by DrFabulous Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:54 am

Any body done the 4 barrel Holley conversion with the Offy intake? Just curious to see people linkage setups and how well they fit in the doghouse. Surprisingly did not find a thing about it on here. Just one post talking about running the 2 and 3 carb intakes

I am running the cast exhaust manifolds from 12bolt and I would like to add the offy 4 barrel intake with the 390CFM Holley carb. All of this into a stock 1966 bdog house.

Possible?

Thanks guys!

Chris
    jrinaman
    jrinaman

Number of posts : 890
    Registration date : 2011-03-10

4 barrel Holly390 CFM conversion Empty Re: 4 barrel Holly390 CFM conversion

Post by jrinaman Sat Jan 20, 2018 4:26 pm

several issues. the inline intakes are set up for carbs sideways, primaries facing the engine so the bowls of a holley 'might' become an issue, this set up also requires linkage pull from the side. either a cable throttle or a bellcrank can resolve that. an adapter can turn carb front to back but then you feed more fuel to that side of intake. I looked at this a few years back and considered an edelbrock because of those issues. I went with dual webers with fitment being the biggest reason. 'if' the holley is close and you only need a fraction of an inch, spacers under the pass. side crossmember can lean the engine slightly.
    DrFabulous
    DrFabulous

Number of posts : 10
    Registration date : 2018-01-11

Post by DrFabulous Mon Jan 22, 2018 5:41 pm

The Offenhauser intake has linkage with it that allows you to rotate the linkage pull 90 degrees. This way you can mount the 4 barrel with the primaries towards the motor, The original cables pull front to back and the linkage rotates the action to pull from passenger to the driver side. So linkage I don't think will be a problem. Just fitting the actual items in the doghouse. Guess I will find out tomorrow when it shows up.

What webbers did you end up running?

Chris
    jrinaman
    jrinaman

Number of posts : 890
    Registration date : 2011-03-10

Post by jrinaman Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:22 pm

when I first put it together, I used 32 carter/webbers. I switched to true webber 32/36's because I could not find jets and linkage issues. I switched to cable because my linkage was junk from front to back, even the pedal was sloppy. adding one more moving point to make the 90 was just too much. you may have no issues if yours is in better shape. I seriously doubt it could be worse.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 7:38 am