VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

3 posters

I LOVE THIS FORUM, but I need a little help.

jrdunn96
    jrdunn96

Number of posts : 690
    Registration date : 2016-01-01

I LOVE THIS FORUM, but I need a little help. Empty I LOVE THIS FORUM, but I need a little help.

Post by jrdunn96 Tue Jan 02, 2018 5:18 am

First and foremost, I'd like to say how much I appreciate all the people who work so hard to keep this forum going.  This was my first forum(to join) a little over 2 years ago.  I had "trolled" others looking for info.  After doing some research on this one, I was sure that I wanted to join.   I'd also like to thank it's members who are always ready and willing to help.  So many other forums are all about someone's ego.  Maybe I'm just too old for that.

Now, for the assistance.  I like to check "Posts Since Last Visit".  Sometimes it will show "No new posts" even though I can see that there are.  More often, I hit the "back" button too many times and go back in to find that they have disappeared.  Is there a way that I can check the posts since a certain date?  This would help me alot since it sometimes "clears" them when my internet connection is interupted.   I know that this isn't a life changing problem, but I do enjoy keeping up with what is happening.

Thank you all very much for the work that you do!

Jim Laughing
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Number of posts : 1731
    Registration date : 2008-05-01

I LOVE THIS FORUM, but I need a little help. Empty Re: I LOVE THIS FORUM, but I need a little help.

Post by Admin Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:32 pm

Now, for the assistance.  I like to check "Posts Since Last Visit".  Sometimes it will show "No new posts" even though I can see that there are.  More often, I hit the "back" button too many times and go back in to find that they have disappeared.

once you log in and go to the main page, that is the time you can see "Posts Since Last Visit" and it's all good...  HOWEVER if you have to do a little "surfing" and come back to the forum, even for a minute or two, the forum thinks you are returning and that you had already seen everything you wanted to on your last visit, so it resets....

Is there a way that I can check the posts since a certain date?  This would help me alot since it sometimes "clears" them when my internet connection is interupted.   I know that this isn't a life changing problem, but I do enjoy keeping up with what is happening.

Scroll is all I can say Embarassed if you find a better way to do it, let me know...  I tried the search option and it didn't help...
    uante
    uante

Number of posts : 1466
    Registration date : 2014-01-26

I LOVE THIS FORUM, but I need a little help. Empty Re: I LOVE THIS FORUM, but I need a little help.

Post by uante Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:44 pm

When it resets on me like you've described and there's no new posts anymore, Go to the "Portal" tab on top. Once you click that, on the next screen that appears, look in the upper left and there's a scrolling list of latest posts. Not the best fix, but works.
    jrdunn96
    jrdunn96

Number of posts : 690
    Registration date : 2016-01-01

Post by jrdunn96 Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:12 pm

Thanks Chebby and Brent! I think I'm just getting "old man syndrome". I want the world to work the way that is most convenient to me. Embarassed No big deal. It'll just take a little more effort on my part.

Thanks again,
    Jim

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:58 am