VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

+5
RodStRace
68G10
Gothboy
dix
El pololo again
9 posters

Going Prostreet with my 65' baby. . . Progress

El pololo again
    El pololo again

Number of posts : 3
    Registration date : 2013-01-01

Going Prostreet with my 65' baby. . . Progress Empty Going Prostreet with my 65' baby. . . Progress

Post by El pololo again Tue Jan 01, 2013 1:05 pm

Going Prostreet with my 65' baby. . . Progress Img_2030

After a couple of years of work, the engine is done, the tubbed is done, tires and wheels are in, and the rear has to be narrow to 48 inches.Going Prostreet with my 65' baby. . . Progress Img_2027hes. Waiting for the body work to be done, so I could be ready for paint. If you have any ideas to help me with the graphics or stripes, post pictures. I want it to be unique, to represent all Chevy vans.

Going Prostreet with my 65' baby. . . Progress Img_2025
    Going Prostreet with my 65' baby. . . Progress Img_2026Going Prostreet with my 65' baby. . . Progress Img_2028

Last edited by El pololo again on Wed Jan 02, 2013 6:29 am; edited 12 times in total (Reason for editing : new photo)
    dix
    dix
    Moderator 1st Class
    Moderator 1st Class

Number of posts : 8729
    Registration date : 2008-05-29

Going Prostreet with my 65' baby. . . Progress Empty Re: Going Prostreet with my 65' baby. . . Progress

Post by dix Tue Jan 01, 2013 1:20 pm

Wow sounds like you have been having some fun.. welcome to vintage vans. are you doing the painting/ graphics?? sounds like you need some photo's from the van nat's. try clicking event coverage or photo's for some ideas. http://www.vannin.com/showvans/events/index.html

Number of posts : 714
    Registration date : 2012-07-02

Going Prostreet with my 65' baby. . . Progress Empty Re: Going Prostreet with my 65' baby. . . Progress

Post by Gothboy Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:56 am

Thats totally rad man! Great to see so many different ideas here on this site! Pro street that thang man! Lookin killer already!
    68G10
    68G10

Number of posts : 14
    Registration date : 2012-09-25

Post by 68G10 Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:23 am

When only the most original paint job will do...

http://www.thestudiotour.com/ush/attractions/images/street/scooby3mysterymachine.jpg

I know everyone on here will agree...

ON A SERIOUS NOTE, Looks great! I see the rear tire all wrapped up... so how exactly would you go about removing it, or a more appropriate question, how did you get it on there? Does it actually fit out past the fender???

Peace,
    Brian
    RodStRace
    RodStRace

Number of posts : 3046
    Registration date : 2010-01-21

Post by RodStRace Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:34 am

Looks great! Welcome to the site.
    What are your color choices? Are you trying to fit into an era - 70s Street Freak, 80s pastel Pro Street, more modern or a timeless style?
    I prefer to really use all that space and am not a big fan of cutting shapes up like the typical 80s paint did with the angle from the bottom front to the top back. Tell us what YOU like so any ideas will meet your desires.

Also, get a line drawing of the van
    and go at it with some color, like this...
    Going Prostreet with my 65' baby. . . Progress Three_versions_detail
    Big W
    Big W

Number of posts : 3282
    Registration date : 2011-01-13

Post by Big W Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:38 pm

Welcome to VV El Pololo. Likeing the Pro Street idea.
    wylee
    wylee

Number of posts : 917
    Registration date : 2009-04-03

Post by wylee Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:32 am

very cool................
    Digz
    Digz

Number of posts : 3794
    Registration date : 2008-05-17

Post by Digz Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:01 am

WB, Looking great. What size tires are you squeezing in there? Wheels?
    El pololo again
    El pololo again

Post by El pololo again Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:48 pm

Digz wrote:WB, Looking great. What size tires are you squeezing in there? Wheels?

33x19.5 tires open up to 22.5 with the wheel , i will love to drop it(front) but no idea how.and wheel are 15x15
    El pololo again
    El pololo again

Post by El pololo again Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:50 pm

wylee wrote:very cool................
    thanks
    Digz
    Digz

Number of posts : 3794
    Registration date : 2008-05-17

Post by Digz Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:56 pm

The best I'm going to do for tires I think are 29 x 12s. That's with a mini tub to the frame. Not sure on the front lowering, What I'm working with is down to 2 main leafs and bags, but how that's going to be handling wise is going to be a mystery for a couple seasons yet I think.
    For everyone that wants to see where this started here:
    https://vintage-vans.forumotion.com/t18611-going-pro-street-with-my-65-baby?highlight=pro+street
    Love this stuff !

Going Prostreet with my 65' baby. . . Progress Empty im in love

Post by Guest Sat Apr 13, 2013 7:56 pm

seriously my kinda van
    MisterDavid
    MisterDavid

Number of posts : 2
    Registration date : 2012-08-18

Going Prostreet with my 65' baby. . . Progress Empty Mystery Machine in AK

Post by MisterDavid Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:57 pm

RodStRace wrote:Looks great! Welcome to the site.
    What are your color choices? Are you trying to fit into an era - 70s Street Freak, 80s pastel Pro Street, more modern or a timeless style?
    I prefer to really use all that space and am not a big fan of cutting shapes up like the typical 80s paint did with the angle from the bottom front to the top back. Tell us what YOU like so any ideas will meet your desires.

Also, get a line drawing of the van
    and go at it with some color, like this...
    Going Prostreet with my 65' baby. . . Progress Three_versions_detail

Hey! That's actually my van in the top rendering. I had Don do it for me from my photo. I have a'65. The project will start soon with the stance done first. The plan is to have a Hot Wheels flavor to it. Custom one-off Hot Wheels badges are in the works as well.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:22 pm