VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

5 posters

backup / reverse light lens

acurtiss
    acurtiss

Number of posts : 5
    Registration date : 2017-07-07

backup / reverse light lens Empty backup / reverse light lens

Post by acurtiss Mon Jul 24, 2017 6:13 pm

Hi all,

I just joined a couple weeks ago after we picked up a 1967 Falcon window van, which we are going to slowly convert into a camper of some sort. I'm glad to find this resource here and have already learned a lot browsing through this forum.

I'd like to contribute a piece of info about the reverse/backup lights on our vans that were equipped with these. Maybe this is common knowledge, but it took me a while to find it and I thought others might be doing the same search I was. I read somewhere that the lenses for these lights were also used by Jeep Cherokees around '67-'69, and possibly other applications as well. I found the lenses after a quick search on Amazon and ordered them, thinking if they didn't fit at least they'd be easy to return. But they fit perfectly. I don't know if they differ in some way from the original Ford lenses, but they are a heck of a lot better than having no lenses and at $30 a pair, a lot cheaper than the $60 lens someone is selling on eBay right now. Here's a link to the part on Amazon (there are surely others out there).

Omix-Ada 12405.04 Combination Park/Turn Signal Light Lens
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000FPYFIS/

And here are a couple pics I took of the lenses installed (and one gratuitous one of our scruffy van the day I picked it up).

backup / reverse light lens Img_2010
    backup / reverse light lens Img_2012
    backup / reverse light lens Img_2011
    gabeveliz
    gabeveliz

Number of posts : 4
    Registration date : 2017-11-16

backup / reverse light lens Empty Re: backup / reverse light lens

Post by gabeveliz Sun Nov 26, 2017 3:40 pm

Thanks for the info!
    caleboh
    caleboh

Number of posts : 48
    Registration date : 2017-12-25

Post by caleboh Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:13 pm

Looks great. How's the quality of the Omix-ADA lights?
    acurtiss
    acurtiss

Number of posts : 5
    Registration date : 2017-07-07

Post by acurtiss Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:57 am

Sorry just saw your question! I have no complaints about these lenses, the plastic seems beefy and the fit is good. There is a metal clip (like a C-clip) that retains the lens but the clip is not included, so if you have reverse lights but no lenses, hopefully the clip is still in the housing somewhere.
    vanny
    vanny

Number of posts : 14775
    Registration date : 2012-09-22

Post by vanny Tue Feb 06, 2018 2:06 pm

Welcome aboard and thanks for posting this tip. This site is all about sharing ideas and finds that others can learn from. The more choices we have, the better. You'll find that there are many helpful members on this site and are willing to share what they know. Very Happy

http://public.fotki.com/Vintage-Vans/vintage-vans-es/ruff-diamond-1/?cmd=fs_slideshow
    Dan Scully
    Dan Scully

Number of posts : 254
    Registration date : 2016-07-30

backup / reverse light lens Empty lens

Post by Dan Scully Sat Dec 29, 2018 6:13 pm

acurtiss wrote:Sorry just saw your question! I have no complaints about these lenses, the plastic seems beefy and the fit is good. There is a metal clip (like a C-clip) that retains the lens but the clip is not included, so if you have reverse lights but no lenses, hopefully the clip is still in the housing somewhere.

Any pic of that clip , I have the housing but I think the clip is missing. Thanks

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:12 pm