VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

3 posters

Rear suspension options. New leafs or 4link with coilovers

canudigit
    canudigit

Number of posts : 28
    Registration date : 2016-04-15

Rear suspension options. New leafs or 4link with coilovers Empty Rear suspension options. New leafs or 4link with coilovers

Post by canudigit Sat May 06, 2017 9:07 am

Hey Vanners!!

Can't seem to find new replacement leaf spring packs for my rear axle. The ones currently in place are sagging real bad. Someone must've over loaded them in the past or just time they gave up the ghost... Looking through the rear view mirror is useless cuz I'm practically looking at the roof of the car. It's got a gasser stance, which looks cool, but it drives like shit when I load my chopper in the back or am haulin beer to Texarkana on Sundays.

Now the search function hasn't really helped much. Who's got info on where to find the leaf spring packs or better yet, who's holding a new set of rear leaf springs they wanna sell??

Another thought, would anyone have info on installing a 4-link rear with coilovers? Something like what Mac's sells for the mustangs? Any forum threads where someone actually installed a 4-link setup?

Any advice would help!
    Irons
    Irons

Number of posts : 14
    Registration date : 2017-04-26

Rear suspension options. New leafs or 4link with coilovers Empty Re: Rear suspension options. New leafs or 4link with coilovers

Post by Irons Sat May 06, 2017 9:31 pm

eaton has them.
    Seth G
    Seth G
    Vintage-Vans Listings Manager
    Vintage-Vans Listings Manager

Number of posts : 2087
    Registration date : 2013-04-24

Rear suspension options. New leafs or 4link with coilovers Empty Re: Rear suspension options. New leafs or 4link with coilovers

Post by Seth G Sun May 07, 2017 1:23 am

Also McVeigh's Truck Springs. People have done 4 link rears and there's a build thread or 2 on here somewhere
    canudigit
    canudigit

Post by canudigit Sun May 07, 2017 9:56 am

Thanks for the reply fellas! Now I just gotta track down these 4-link build threads. Maybe this will work. http://www.macsautoparts.com/ford_mustang/tci-4-link-rear-suspension-kit-with-coilovers-1964-1970-mustang.html
    Irons
    Irons

Post by Irons Thu May 11, 2017 9:55 am

Here is what I have been looking at for my '61 van

If I ever get that far.

http://www.ridetech.com/store/air-4-link/
    canudigit
    canudigit

Post by canudigit Thu May 11, 2017 10:02 am

Irons! thanks for that. I guess I am simply over thinking it. Would you go with a parallel 4-link or triangulated? These aren't expensive at all!

Irons wrote:Here is what I have been looking at for my '61 van

If I ever get that far.

http://www.ridetech.com/store/air-4-link/
    Irons
    Irons

Post by Irons Thu May 11, 2017 11:22 am

Honestly I have not wrapped my head around this part of the project. My '61 van rides pretty nice on new shocks alone, but the leaves in the existing springs and the rest of the suspension just looks tired and ready to go.

Lately I have been considering new springs from Eaton and using ridetechs air-over-leaf kit

The van offers plenty of room to even mount a tank and compressor so I can select the conditions and ride height as needed. I like having options.

http://www.ridetech.com/store/airoverleaf/
    Irons
    Irons

Post by Irons Thu May 11, 2017 11:24 am

canudigit
    canudigit

Post by canudigit Mon Jun 05, 2017 3:17 pm

$890 for springs from eaton... I'm going to look into 4-link w coilovers at that price point.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Oct 18, 2024 12:49 am