VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

3 posters

Looking for a window van to ship to UK

dogsbody
    dogsbody

Number of posts : 29
    Registration date : 2016-12-13

Looking for a window van to ship to UK Empty Looking for a window van to ship to UK

Post by dogsbody Wed Dec 14, 2016 3:08 am

Sorry if I'm posting this in the wrong section, but I'm hoping for advice as well as looking for the right van to buy and ship over to Wales.

My first questions I guess are in the 'what to avoid' area-
    Which repair jobs are an absolute nightmare, and which parts are impossible to find.
    Where are they most prone to rust (front floorpans seem common but an easy repair?)
    What's the technique for extracting the motor?

I've been keeping an eye on these, I noticed your man Bubba has put links to them on here too....

Green A100-
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/282285828291?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Red A108-
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/162313671051?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

I'm looking around the $3000 mark, plus it'll cost me $2-2500 to import.
    I don't mind patch welding floorpans, lower 1/4s, etc but don't want to get into complicated stuff like rotten drip rails, doors, windshield pillars, etc.
    I'd prefer a V8 auto. A runner will be easier to ship but not essential.
    vanny
    vanny

Number of posts : 14775
    Registration date : 2012-09-22

Looking for a window van to ship to UK Empty Re: Looking for a window van to ship to UK

Post by vanny Wed Dec 14, 2016 5:28 am

Sounds like you have a good idea as to what to avoid, especially drip rail and pillar rust. Our for sale listings get updated daily and many members have contacts and can sometimes point you in the right direction to finding your van. Good luck with your search!

http://public.fotki.com/Vintage-Vans/vintage-vans-es/ruff-diamond-1/?cmd=fs_slideshow
    dogsbody
    dogsbody

Looking for a window van to ship to UK Empty Re: Looking for a window van to ship to UK

Post by dogsbody Wed Dec 14, 2016 5:37 am

Thanks! I've spent the last couple of hours reading through threads so I'm learning lots already Smile
    Dan Scully
    Dan Scully

Number of posts : 254
    Registration date : 2016-07-30

Looking for a window van to ship to UK Empty Window Van

Post by Dan Scully Wed Dec 14, 2016 7:08 am

I have this one I ,am selling 1965 273 V 8 3SPD. $2500.00 Link below for pics .originally from Colorado has a some rust in the floor ,dog legs and rear pan but nothing structural . If interested shoot me a PM or if you like call 760-247-3693 9-9 PCT time. Clink on the pic to enlarge it .Thanks

http://old.postimg.org/gallery/gnecs9p0/
    dogsbody
    dogsbody

Post by dogsbody Wed Dec 14, 2016 9:18 am

Thanks Dan.
    Nice van and good price, but probably too much welding for me tbh.
    Dan Scully
    Dan Scully

Number of posts : 254
    Registration date : 2016-07-30

Post by Dan Scully Wed Dec 14, 2016 7:28 pm

dogsbody wrote:Thanks Dan.
    Nice van and good price, but probably too much welding for me tbh.

I see no rust just patina.  Rolling Eyes  Have fun and good luck on your search.
    dogsbody
    dogsbody

Post by dogsbody Wed Dec 14, 2016 11:26 pm

The Welsh weather would return your van to a red stain in the rocks in a matter of days!
    I had a Lancia Beta Spider once. At night, when all was quiet, you could actually hear it rusting.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:45 am