VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

Heading back home after head gasket blow out!

whalemstr
    whalemstr

Number of posts : 248
    Registration date : 2012-06-27

Heading back home after head gasket blow out! Empty Heading back home after head gasket blow out!

Post by whalemstr Thu Dec 08, 2016 3:06 pm

Well, it's been a month now since I left the great north CA area and got stuck with a blown head gasket in my sister's garage in a gated community down here in Orange, CA!!!

It has taken quite a bit to get this damn thing back together, but it is running and nothing is leaking and it is not doing anything that would lead me to believe that I cannot make it back up over the Grapevine out of southern CA!!!

I haven't decided if I am leaving late tonight or after the morning rush tomorrow.

Anyone along I5 - up to the Bakersfield area that want's to say howdy let me know. I am not looking forward to just a long non-stop drive this time if I can find places along the way to stop and take breaks.

I will then be heading up 99 to Modesto where my daughter and her husband live - so anyone along 99 heading north - hit me up!

I will try and stay in touch through Wi-Fi when I stop along the way.

Anyway, it's been a long and stress filled month and I am still not over it!
    Hoping to be home within the next few days to whatever disaster awaits me there! It's been raining and cold - including temps in the 20's a couple of times!!!

Take care y'all and thanks again for the help!
    It was fun meeting some of you at the van meet in San Diego!!!

Later,
    dan

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:10 pm