VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

+2
Vantasia
JackeFriend
6 posters

Need help-How to install washer unit to wipers '64

JackeFriend
    JackeFriend

Number of posts : 940
    Registration date : 2016-05-06

Need help-How to install washer unit to wipers '64 Empty Need help-How to install washer unit to wipers '64

Post by JackeFriend Thu Oct 20, 2016 11:52 am

I am interested in the addition of a windshield washer set-up for my '64 van. I wanted to see where the reservoir bottle goes? I would need to cut two holes in the outside for the nozzles. The inside wall has the holes.
    Can anyone give me some information. I purchased a used washer set up, still need the nozzles.
    Not sure how difficult the adding of the windshield washer may be as well?
    Thanks
    Vantasia
    Vantasia

Number of posts : 1412
    Registration date : 2013-08-18

Need help-How to install washer unit to wipers '64 Empty Re: Need help-How to install washer unit to wipers '64

Post by Vantasia Thu Oct 20, 2016 12:08 pm

See my reply under Doni's showcase thread for your van...
    JackeFriend
    JackeFriend

Need help-How to install washer unit to wipers '64 Empty Re: Need help-How to install washer unit to wipers '64

Post by JackeFriend Thu Oct 20, 2016 1:11 pm

Thanks!
    a66dave
    a66dave

Number of posts : 67
    Registration date : 2008-09-19

Post by a66dave Mon Nov 28, 2016 9:50 am

I know it might be sacrilege to a Chevy owner, but you might want to look at Dodge Caravan wiper blades. I had an old 1996 model and the water hose ran up the wiper arm to a nozzle mounted mid arm. Gave a great spray, throughout the entire sweep of the wipers.
    They used a very small hose that came up through the cowl right next to the wiper pivot. Left a clean look. No major changes would need in your application. You would just have to get past the fact that Dodge thought of it.
    JackeFriend
    JackeFriend

Post by JackeFriend Mon Nov 28, 2016 9:54 am

Thanks, I will take a look sounds easy... the idea of doing another project has been the issue. Windex works for not with some RainEx on top! I am not worried who thought of a GOOD idea Razz
    donivan65
    donivan65
    Governor
    Governor

Number of posts : 12220
    Registration date : 2008-05-12

Post by donivan65 Mon Nov 28, 2016 3:45 pm

,,,,once upon a time,,,,,,,,,,I put one of those foot pump washers on my van,,,,,the bag hung from the steering column support,,,,,,,,HOWEVER,,,,,,,dirt gets trapped on the wiper blades,,,,then you add water to make lapping compound and all it does is scratch the windshield,,,,,so,,,,,,,,I took it off,,,,,,,,,

Need help-How to install washer unit to wipers '64 Dscn9429

Need help-How to install washer unit to wipers '64 Dscn9430

Need help-How to install washer unit to wipers '64 Dscn9431
    JackeFriend
    JackeFriend

Post by JackeFriend Mon Nov 28, 2016 8:10 pm

Yes, I think I will not mess with the whole washer install... just wash before driving and keep the window clean.
    If I ever get that dirty of a window... I will stop to wash it. LOL getting smarter, no new projects.
    donivan65
    donivan65
    Governor
    Governor

Number of posts : 12220
    Registration date : 2008-05-12

Post by donivan65 Mon Nov 28, 2016 8:53 pm

,,,,bring your ladder,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
    Digz
    Digz

Number of posts : 3794
    Registration date : 2008-05-17

Post by Digz Tue Nov 29, 2016 10:38 am

I just carry some Windex and paper towels all the time. Put a lot of effort into the original setup to no avail. Really haven't needed them.
    vanny
    vanny

Number of posts : 14775
    Registration date : 2012-09-22

Post by vanny Tue Nov 29, 2016 11:48 am

donivan65 wrote:,,,,bring your ladder,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

What are you trying to say, Don???

http://public.fotki.com/Vintage-Vans/vintage-vans-es/ruff-diamond-1/?cmd=fs_slideshow
    JackeFriend
    JackeFriend

Post by JackeFriend Tue Nov 29, 2016 2:37 pm

Hmmm... well he did call me the invisible driving woman, when I moved the van without the seats in it... I am about 4' 11-3/4"..... Surprised
    I will bring a ladder...LOL

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 01, 2024 9:24 pm