VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

4 posters

Electrical bullet connector source and emblem nuts

jifop
    jifop

Number of posts : 65
    Registration date : 2016-05-22

Electrical bullet connector source and emblem nuts Empty Electrical bullet connector source and emblem nuts

Post by jifop Mon Sep 12, 2016 1:37 pm

Hey, can anyone point me in the right direction? I want to buy some replacement bullet type connectors the same as in out E vans but the ones over here aren't correct (metric) so can anyone tell me which I need to buy so I can order some and get them shipped?

I also need the nuts that hold the front and side emblems on if anyone know where to get them?
    Dan Scully
    Dan Scully

Number of posts : 254
    Registration date : 2016-07-30

Electrical bullet connector source and emblem nuts Empty Re: Electrical bullet connector source and emblem nuts

Post by Dan Scully Mon Sep 12, 2016 2:28 pm

jifop wrote:Hey, can anyone point me in the right direction? I want to buy some replacement bullet type connectors the same as in out E vans but the ones over here aren't correct (metric) so can anyone tell me which I need to buy so I can order some and get them shipped?

I also need the nuts that hold the front and side emblems on if anyone know where to get them?

One source for the connectors

http://www.mcmaster.com/#standard-electrical-wire-terminals/=1452dro

http://www.mcmaster.com/#push-nuts/=1452bmp

They also have what I think you need for the emblems.

Lots of places sell similar stuff ,just I place I use for lots of hardware nuts bolts etc stuff.
    Seth G
    Seth G
    Vintage-Vans Listings Manager
    Vintage-Vans Listings Manager

Number of posts : 2086
    Registration date : 2013-04-24

Electrical bullet connector source and emblem nuts Empty Re: Electrical bullet connector source and emblem nuts

Post by Seth G Mon Sep 12, 2016 5:26 pm

I'd recommend the non insulated ones and a good liquid-sealing type black heat shrink for a more factory look and better quality. The marine style heat shrink bullet connectors are available but can be hard to find. Ebay has them. For the 2-sided bullet connectors like this:

Electrical bullet connector source and emblem nuts 0710x1__53646.1305569086.1000.1000

They are known as 2 wire SAE connectors here. Also called trailer connectors. A google search should bring them up.

These guy's have them:

http://www.delcity.net/store/Heat-Shrink-Bullet-Connectors/p_801750

http://www.delcity.net/store/2!Way-Connector-Loop/p_8771
    AthensTxMc
    AthensTxMc

Number of posts : 61
    Registration date : 2014-03-14

Post by AthensTxMc Thu Sep 15, 2016 5:43 pm

Check the help section at autozone or any parts store for the emblem nuts ..
    jifop
    jifop

Number of posts : 65
    Registration date : 2016-05-22

Post by jifop Sat Sep 17, 2016 1:44 am

Thanks guys I'll get some ordered, do those heatshrink bullets mate with the stock ones in our Econos? As it looks like I can get the same ones locally (3.9mm diameter bullets)

Unfortunately being in England we don't have autozone and i cant find them in our equivalent stores so I need to order online.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 12:36 am