VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

+2
EconoUSAparts
G-Man
6 posters

OPINIONS NEEDED

OPINIONS NEEDED Empty OPINIONS NEEDED

Post by Guest Sun May 10, 2009 3:53 pm

Which would look best on the sides of my 65 Econo ????? Also should I use some sort of script instead of the bold block letters ?????????

OPINIONS NEEDED 786f3710
    G-Man
    G-Man
    Mayor
    Mayor

Number of posts : 30743
    Registration date : 2008-05-06

OPINIONS NEEDED Empty Re: OPINIONS NEEDED

Post by G-Man Sun May 10, 2009 4:12 pm

I like the criusing 66 best , but where are you going to put it on the side.
    Personnally I myself wouldn't put it on at all I like your van paint wise just the way it is.

Post by Guest Sun May 10, 2009 4:23 pm

The van is built with Route 66 as the theme. I thought it would look good for the Route 66 Rendezvous since 500,000-600,000 people will be there. Also it won't be in the colors I used. It will be done with what I think is called chrome spectro tape. the same stuff on my back window that says ' Inland Vans Berdoo". It is what we used in the seventies and has a rainbow effect.If I do it it will be on the sides in the upper panel. I was planning on a mural under the name but may just go with old school blue pin striping to keep it simple.

Post by Guest Sun May 10, 2009 5:11 pm

I like the crusin 66, but the block letters dont do it for me.
    EconoUSAparts
    EconoUSAparts

Number of posts : 2198
    Registration date : 2008-05-17

Post by EconoUSAparts Sun May 10, 2009 5:28 pm

How bout a mural of the actual road (in miniature of course) "rt 66" on the side and a few key hotspots along the way? You know,some of the places or sites that are along rt 66,maybe a few hotrods also,just a thought. Tinman that bought your carbon fiber stuff already has the rt 66 logo on his van so you would probablly want to do something different than his. Maybe some personal plates rt 66?
    EconoUSAparts
    EconoUSAparts

Number of posts : 2198
    Registration date : 2008-05-17

Post by EconoUSAparts Sun May 10, 2009 5:42 pm

In addition,I could see some small rt 66 logos just behind the front wheel wells down low andmaybe a larger one between the headlights if the FORD letters have been removed. Not sure what wheels you are running but some rt 66 logo custom center caps would rock.

Post by Guest Sun May 10, 2009 6:00 pm

EconoUSAparts wrote:How bout a mural of the actual road (in miniature of course) "rt 66" on the side and a few key hotspots along the way? You know,some of the places or sites that are along rt 66,maybe a few hotrods also,just a thought. Tinman that bought your carbon fiber stuff already has the rt 66 logo on his van so you would probablly want to do something different than his. Maybe some personal plates rt 66?

That is exactly what I have been thinking since I decided to do the Rt 66 theme. I already have some pics saved of tepee motels, diners, indian trading posts etc. Instead of hot rods I was thinking some of the vans I have owned and maybe a few of my club members vans cruising the Route. That may be a bit much though and that is why I am also considering just some nice old school pin stripping. I am planning on a white vinyl top. I will use some POR15 on it first to protect against rust. I saw Fritz's van with the Route 66 sign on ot in black and white that is why I was thinking of using that spectro tape instead. Thanks for the suggestions. Please keep them coming.
    61econoline
    61econoline

Number of posts : 655
    Registration date : 2009-04-16

Post by 61econoline Sun May 10, 2009 6:04 pm

I like the crusin 66

Post by Guest Sun May 10, 2009 6:14 pm

mountainkowboy wrote:I like the crusin 66, but the block letters dont do it for me.

I don't like the block letters either. I am thinking maybe script and not in a straight line but arced over the RT. 66 sign or in shaped something like this ( ~) in front of the sign. The arc sounds better the more I think about it.

Post by Guest Sun May 10, 2009 6:44 pm

I like the arch thing, maybe find a car name script or something like that.
    DanTheVanMan
    DanTheVanMan
    Commissioner
    Commissioner

Number of posts : 7900
    Registration date : 2008-10-08

Post by DanTheVanMan Sun May 10, 2009 6:53 pm

Mike,
    Personally I like the "RT 66 Cruiser"
    The "Cruisin RT 66" signifies a simple action where as the "RT 66 Cruiser" creates a association between your van and the long history of "Route 66".

Because, I when cruisin Rt 66.... "Once"
    But to be a "Route 66 Cruiser" makes a statement of ownership and belonging..

Just my 2 cents. I know it will be an awsome van either way.
    Because hey, it's one of yours! And that's the level of work you do....

2004 Kawasaki KLR650
    1997 Jeep TJ Sport

My Mini Gallery

OPINIONS NEEDED Qr_cod10

<-<-<- Cruising is not a "Point A to Point B" thing, but an "Everything in between thing!  <-<-<-
    Kakster
    Kakster

Number of posts : 236
    Registration date : 2008-05-18

Post by Kakster Mon May 11, 2009 12:07 am

I echo Dan's notion, RT66 Cruiser sounds better to me too. I tried "magneto" font in the image below and it seemed OK.

OPINIONS NEEDED Route610
    mcfly
    mcfly

Number of posts : 626
    Registration date : 2008-11-10

Post by mcfly Mon May 11, 2009 5:03 am

I was thinking to put the RT 66 sign on the roof of the van, that would be a cool arial shot.But then you said you were putting a vinyl top on it and I thought about going real old school with the Covered Wagon look.If you do put a mural on it maybe a sort of time line showing it threw the years
    Horseback to wagon , train,model t ,Van.
    Also I like the phrase Mother Road ,maybe get that in there somewere.Just a few random thoughts I will continue to think about it.

mike

Post by Guest Mon May 11, 2009 11:08 am

Kakster wrote:I echo Dan's notion, RT66 Cruiser sounds better to me too. I tried "magneto" font in the image below and it seemed OK.

OPINIONS NEEDED Route610

I like that font better.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 8:18 pm