VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

2 posters

3 Speed Manual Front Linkage Help

69Travco
    69Travco

Number of posts : 2
    Registration date : 2016-06-12

3 Speed Manual Front Linkage Help Empty 3 Speed Manual Front Linkage Help

Post by 69Travco Mon Jun 13, 2016 8:05 am

Hi, I recently picked up a 1966 A100 225, 3 Speed Manual (3 on the Tree). The truck is difficult to shift from 1 to 2 and I have a lot of slop in the linkage. I fabricated new bushings for the rear and tightened that up somewhat. But the front linkage at the grill and the bottom of the shifter shaft has a lot of slop to it. I want to rebuild the bushings and linkage at the bottom of the shifter shaft as best as possible to eliminate the slop and improve the 1 to 2 shift. I am not sure what bushings, spring washers, etc, I need and what their proper configuration is. Does anyone have a diagram or exploded view of what parts the front linkage includes and how they are configured? I greatly appreciate your help.
    donivan65
    donivan65
    Governor
    Governor

Number of posts : 12220
    Registration date : 2008-05-12

3 Speed Manual Front Linkage Help Empty Re: 3 Speed Manual Front Linkage Help

Post by donivan65 Mon Jun 13, 2016 9:17 am

...OK,,,,,,lets get something started for you,,,,,,

3 Speed Manual Front Linkage Help Dscn8610
    3 Speed Manual Front Linkage Help Dscn8611
    69Travco
    69Travco

Number of posts : 2
    Registration date : 2016-06-12

Post by 69Travco Tue Jun 14, 2016 5:10 am

Thank you Donivan! This is exactly what I needed. I was lucky enough to find the spring washer on Ebay.
    donivan65
    donivan65
    Governor
    Governor

Number of posts : 12220
    Registration date : 2008-05-12

Post by donivan65 Tue Jun 14, 2016 8:17 am

Probably our most common problem with shift, clutch and carburetor linkage is that they get,,,,,,,GROOVY

3 Speed Manual Front Linkage Help Chevy_16

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:11 am