VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

4 posters

63 Econoline PU - Brakes w/o self-adjuster cable and leaver

im4coffee
    im4coffee

Number of posts : 5
    Registration date : 2015-12-28

63 Econoline PU - Brakes w/o self-adjuster cable and leaver Empty 63 Econoline PU - Brakes w/o self-adjuster cable and leaver

Post by im4coffee Thu Apr 28, 2016 7:38 am

My 1963 Econoline PU brakes do not have Self-adjusting hardware and all of the adjusters have right hand treads. This leads me to believe that this is stock and never intended to be self adjusting. Was this a stock option? I've never seen Drum brakes with out Self-adjusters before. Any info would be helpful.
    Seth G
    Seth G
    Vintage-Vans Listings Manager

Number of posts : 2087
    Registration date : 2013-04-24

63 Econoline PU - Brakes w/o self-adjuster cable and leaver Empty Re: 63 Econoline PU - Brakes w/o self-adjuster cable and leaver

Post by Seth G Thu Apr 28, 2016 1:01 pm

I bet someone didn't put them back on, that's pretty common it seems. I would think the one star adjuster should have left hand threads anyway. All the parts to put the self adjusters back in are available.
    Barnabas
    Barnabas

Number of posts : 2015
    Registration date : 2011-01-16

63 Econoline PU - Brakes w/o self-adjuster cable and leaver Empty Re: 63 Econoline PU - Brakes w/o self-adjuster cable and leaver

Post by Barnabas Tue May 03, 2016 9:13 pm

The self-adjusters were added in 1964.  The parts can be added to the earlier models.
    AthensTxMc
    AthensTxMc

Number of posts : 61
    Registration date : 2014-03-14

63 Econoline PU - Brakes w/o self-adjuster cable and leaver Empty Adjusters ..

Post by AthensTxMc Wed May 18, 2016 7:06 pm

I went down and looked up cars with the same sized drums and ordered the self adjusting repair kit ,, That was all I need to put them on my 62 ...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Oct 18, 2024 12:58 am