VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

2 posters

Emergency brake "bar"

cole63
    cole63

Number of posts : 90
    Registration date : 2013-05-19

Emergency brake "bar" Empty Emergency brake "bar"

Post by cole63 Wed Jan 21, 2015 5:56 pm

Took my rear drums off to take a look at the brakes and noticed the "bar" that works the emergency brake was missing. Is this piece econoline specific or can I grab one from a falcon, mustang, etc...?

Also, is there any advice on freeing up stuck emergency brake cables as well?
    Old Skool
    Econoline Guru

Number of posts : 1306
    Registration date : 2009-06-13

Emergency brake "bar" Empty Re: Emergency brake "bar"

Post by Old Skool Fri Jan 30, 2015 9:35 am

There are two types of that bar used on ours,, which rear end do you have and can you take a picture of the other side. One uses a spring and the other doesn't. I have any of them in stock here if you want,,, post a picture of the other one on the other side,,,
    Old Skool
    cole63
    cole63

Number of posts : 90
    Registration date : 2013-05-19

Post by cole63 Sat Jan 31, 2015 5:14 am

Old Skool wrote:There are two types of that bar used on ours,, which rear end do you have and can you take a picture of the other side. One uses a spring and the other doesn't.  I have any of them in stock here if you want,,, post a picture of the other one on the other side,,,
    Old Skool

I got it figured out Old Skool. I have a 67' with a 9" rear end. I used one from a parts van I had. I wasn't sure if the parts van had one or not was gonna get one from something else if it didn't. Thanks.
    Old Skool
    Econoline Guru

Number of posts : 1306
    Registration date : 2009-06-13

Post by Old Skool Sat Jan 31, 2015 8:14 am

ALL GOOD,, glad you got it. I have at least a dozen 9" rears, a couple of posi's (28 & 31"s), axles, third mmbrs, boxes full of misc brake parts,, so on, so on, etc, etc, etc, etc, ,,,, LOL
    Old Skool

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 13, 2024 1:28 pm