VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

2 posters

brake lines

mcVann
    mcVann

Number of posts : 39
    Registration date : 2013-09-24

brake lines Empty brake lines

Post by mcVann Sun Nov 03, 2013 11:17 am

Good Morning,

Im having to rebuild the brakes on a 63 Eco, thats been sitting for 28 years. when attempting to bleed the brakes the lines were clogged. after 160 psi attempting to blow through them, I had to tear them apart. Im thinking of re-running the lines since there is an elbow from the master with one line going to the Right front, the second line goes towards the back to a triple junction with one line going back to the front and one going to the back. Why is this? I've just got back from Pep Boys with new lines and going to move the triple junction to the front axle so it splits for both left and right front drums, then just run the second line to the back. This makes more sense to me, but am I missing something in regards to why it was routed that way in the first place.
    Big W
    Big W

Number of posts : 3282
    Registration date : 2011-01-13

brake lines Empty Re: brake lines

Post by Big W Sun Nov 03, 2013 7:56 pm

You should have something that looks like this on the back of the master cylinder.....brake lines Brake_10...This shows the "T" and break switch on my 66 with a single fruit jar master. The 2 lines that are facing each front wheel are for exactly that. the bottom line goes to the rear of the van along the frame. from there it goes to a rubber line to a "T" on the rear end and then 2 hard lines, one to each back wheel.
    mcVann
    mcVann

Number of posts : 39
    Registration date : 2013-09-24

Post by mcVann Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:31 am

mine is just an "L" not a "T" that would make sense, but I ran the front to a "T" then to each cylinder. different on a 63' I guess. but it worked out fine, will post some Pics later today

thanks for the input

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 1:56 pm