VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

3 posters

bought some patriot 50" side pipes- need pic's of how to plumb exhaust

delraydoug
    delraydoug

Number of posts : 210
    Registration date : 2010-07-01

bought some patriot 50" side pipes- need pic's of how to plumb exhaust Empty bought some patriot 50" side pipes- need pic's of how to plumb exhaust

Post by delraydoug Fri Nov 28, 2014 1:14 pm

would like to see pictures of how other people mounted their sidepipes and plumb the exhaust. was thinking of running one smittys glass pack then loop it back up frt. then T it off under transmission and above shifter linkage.  still running stock 170 with 3spd  just like the looks of sidepipes. cherry
    delraydoug
    delraydoug

Number of posts : 210
    Registration date : 2010-07-01

bought some patriot 50" side pipes- need pic's of how to plumb exhaust Empty Re: bought some patriot 50" side pipes- need pic's of how to plumb exhaust

Post by delraydoug Sat Nov 29, 2014 1:03 pm

Correction- run the T-pipe under the oil pan in frt. of bellhouseing inspection cover not transmission.
    'fish
    'fish

Number of posts : 222
    Registration date : 2011-12-27

bought some patriot 50" side pipes- need pic's of how to plumb exhaust Empty Re: bought some patriot 50" side pipes- need pic's of how to plumb exhaust

Post by 'fish Sun Nov 30, 2014 5:37 pm

I like those side pipes too, but to be honest they need to have the rumble of a V8 to go with them, it looks kind of silly to have dual side pipes on a six, just my humble opinion.

If you have to have them I would add headers and go from there, they usually are split but for performance and reliability you want to have a cross over between the two sides, so just run a 2 to 2.5 inch single to a y split then run the separate pipes back up and out to the sides I wouldn't run anything more than a single chamber muffler on the single pipe, the bends and additional piping will keep it sounding deep without popping.
    ditdater
    ditdater

Number of posts : 590
    Registration date : 2010-11-06

bought some patriot 50" side pipes- need pic's of how to plumb exhaust Empty side pipes for v8's ?

Post by ditdater Tue Dec 02, 2014 3:29 pm

actually i like the look of the patriot chrome header collector type sidepipes , that i/m really serious looking at saving up for a 63 in. pair and cut to fit (w/a little help from friends )on my 65 g10 stock 153 four cylinder , and plumb them both up .!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 9:18 am